Zanta Claws makes a feeble attempt at killing Edd, Matt and Tom, the gang set out to the North Pole to finish Zanta off, once and for all.
Edd, Matt, and Tom are watching TV when the doorbell rings. Edd answers the door to find a group of carolers standing at the door, who sing about Zanta Claws kidnapping Santa, shortly before exploding. The explosion only injures Edd's foot and covers Matt's face in ashes, and the titles begin.
The gang sets off to save Christmas once again. The trio buckle up in the car, when Tom questions how they are going to get to the North Pole in a car. Edd replies by using the Z gear, which somehow causes the car to start flying. A confused Matt asks how a car could fly, causing the car to plummet onto an airplane. When the pilot of said airplane asks how airplanes can fly despite their weight, the airplane falls onto another airplane, and the process repeats for the other planes. The trio eventually make it to the North Pole, while on a stack of 6 other airplane.
Meanwhile, Zanta observes the trio, and is infuriated by the fact they managed to survive his explosive carolers. Santa tells Zanta that he should do something nice for once, since the latter is some kind of Santa Claus. With that, Zanta decides to "give [the trio] what their hearts desire".
The trio find Zanta's Castle, and they find three presents addressed to each of them by the entrance; Tom gets eyes, Matt gets stacks of money, and Edd gets a cola-filled pool. Their presents end up burning them in some way.
The trio burst into Zanta's castle. Zanta, after pointing out Tord's absence and unsuccessfully asking to take his place, Zanta comes up with a new plan; he swaps hats with Santa in an attempt to fool the trio. Amazingly, only Tom, now armed with a gun that seemingly came out of nowhere, as Matt and Edd point out; couldn't tell which one to shoot, perhaps because he's still learning how to use his eyes. In the panic and confusion, Tom shoots the wrong Santa. Zanta chuckles and decides to 'finish the job' by shooting Santa with a laser pistol. Tom dives in front of Santa to save him as Zanta fires, causing the laser to bounce from Tom's eyes and hit a chandelier, crushing Zanta. Matt and Edd are celebrating with Santa, as Edd jokes, "Santa, I'm so glad to see you made it!" The scene shifts to Tom, with his eyes now burned off, mutter, 'I hate Christmas'. The credits roll.
|Zanta Claws Episodes|
|Zanta Claws - Zanta Claws II - Zanta Claws III|
No specific order, according to credits of video
- Edd: Himself, pilot #2
- Josh Tomar: Santa and Zanta
- Matt: Himself
- Tom: Himself, carolers
- Diwi: Pilot #1
- Paul: Non-speaking role, (man on CCTV).
- Tord: mentioned by Edd
- Edd: Various Christmas songs
- Kevin MacLeod: Arcadia
- DJ Fabloon: Zanta Claws is coming to town (feat.Tom)
- Tom: Title theme and happy ending
The video was featured on Youtube UK. On Youtube it had a rating of more than 3,000 and achieved five stars out of five.
The Zanta Claws trilogy episodes are some of the most popular episodes in Eddsworld history.
- Main article: Gallery:Zanta Claws II
- This is the first episode to have every character in Eddsworld lacking straight teeth. In later flashes, everyone has the same.
- In WTFuture, a reference to this episode happens when Tom sees his future self wearing a high-tech bionic eye. He asks why he's wearing and says he got cancer from the laser he took to the face.
- The gang was driving Tord's car to the North pole, even though Tord was gone.
- He took it with him, so this may be another car of the same design.
- Later on in the video, Zanta realizes that Tord was gone. Therefore, he didn't know that until the Eddsworld gang told him. But earlier on in the video, Zanta gave gifts to Tom, Edd, and Matt, but none for Tord, even though he didn't know Tord left.
- He may have not wanted Tord to suffer like them seeing as how he claimed that Tord was is favorite.
- Also, when they were leaving the airport, he could clearly see no Tord.
- The gun that Tom had was very likely Tord's gift.
- When Matt asks how a car can fly, it falls on an airplane. When the pilot of that airplane asks how it can fly despite its weight, it falls on another airplane, and the process repeats for the other planes.
- The car falling only when Matt says it will may be a refrence to a cliche commonly used in Christmas movies where things can fly because of 'Christmas cheer'. The gag may be mocking the over-used plot cliche.
- This is also mentioned in Zanta Claws III when Santa's plan to save Christmas is 'festive spirit'.
- Tom's hatred for Christmas is less prominent in this episode. At one point, he and Edd are swaying side to side to a sped up version of "Winter Wonderland" whilst smiling, clearly enjoying himself.
- The flying car may have a reference to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- The flying car scene is a possible refference to the Jim Carrey version of What is Love.
- Edd refers to the switch as going into Z-gear, pronouncing it as "Zed". This is due to the fact that some countries such as England and Canada say 'Z' differently.
- The second screen across and third screen down on Zanta Claws' monitors shows Paul sitting on a bench.
- There are bear traps on Edd's house, referencing to Zanta Claws when Tom put them there to catch and kill Santa Claws.
- The sign at the airport says "Welcome to the Northpole Airport. You might need a coat."
- The laser hit only one of Tom's Eyes but both melted.
- Tom may have been confused about which Santa to shoot due to the fact that he was still learning how to use his new eyes.
- Even though Tom despises Christmas and tried to kill Santa twice in Zanta Claws 1, for some reason he saved Santa. (He might of done this as HE wants to be the one to kill Santa, not anybody else)
- After Zanta got hit by the glass lighting Santa has his red hat but Zanta switches those hats, although Santa could of grabbed it from the floor.
- One of the CCTV camera screens is showing a sleep deprived man on a park bench.
- In front of Zanta's lair, it is snowy, but in front of the cola-filled pool, it appears to be sunny, with no snow.
- Tom's hatred for Christmas stems from him being a Jehovah's Witness, as the religion does not believe in celebrating Christmas.
- There is a possibility that the carolers were robots with bombs in them and recorded voices.
- The way Matt is seen and positioned when he finds his present full of money could be a reference to Money (That's What I Want)
- When Tom is jumping to shield Santa from the laser, the front view ends with the laser being on route to hit Tom's mouth. When we see the side view, the laser hits his eye instead.