Xmas Story is a poem set to song with a music video created by Edd for the year and the fifth overall in 2009, the least amount since 2004 when only four flashes were made. The poem was written by Edd, sung/narrated by Josh Tomar, voice of Zanta Claws, and set to an arrangement of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Tom. The song's story involved Edd, Tom, and Matt's misfortunes during what seems to be their worst Christmas ever. This also surpassed "Matt Sucks" as the shortest Eddisode ever made.
'Twas the day of Christmas and already awake
Was an excited young Edd, excited as cake
He summoned the others and ran to the tree
To uncover the presents awaiting them three
As they grabbed their gifts, they unwrapped them fast
But their joyful expressions sure didn't last
Edd got a bottle of Discount Coke
Matt, a joke book with only one joke
For his present this year, Tom received a poster
Of a picture of Matt admiring a toaster
The cards they read, which increased their woe
Were letters from fans (Can I be on your show?)
The phone suddenly rang, disrupting their sadness
On the line was Matt's grandma He answered with gladness
She wasn't too happy about the fact
That he hadn't called her for two years flat
Several more hours later after the phone call was finished
Edd's Christmas feast was done, and the others were famished
Edd presented his bird for them to admire
But little did he know it was still on fire
The fire then spread to the potatoes and mash
Soon the whole dinner was alight in a flash
Then after the fire was extinguished with gravy
They rescued dear Matt, still screaming like a lady
They sat on their sofa and turned on the telly
And soon their sad faces were transformed into merry
So, to make the most of your Christmas, there's really only one way
Anyone can enjoy the television, even those who hate this day.
(Tom pops at the edge of the screen" *TV goes out*. They all look with shock at the the TV except Tom.)
To see this page's gallery, visit Gallery:Xmas Day
- Edd as himself
- Tom as himself
- Matt as himself
- In this eddisode, all of the characters' animations have changed.
- Everyone in this eddisode, with the exception of Matt's grandmother, has a cowlick.
- This is the last Eddisode for 2009 and the first since "Climate Change", by over two months.
- This continues Tom's strong hatred of Christmas, dating back to "Zanta Claws II".
- This is the third straight Christmas special which had Josh Tomar involved, who narrated as Santa Claus.
- This makes every year of Eddsworld have a Christmas special, dating back to 2004, until 2011.
- This featured the third variation of the opening titles since "Climate Change" and "MovieMakers".
- This is the shortest eddisode since "Matt Sucks".
- There is a possibility that gravy was put in the fire extinguisher to ward off Death ever since his attack on Edd in "Christmas Visitor". Coincidentally, both shorts are Christmas specials.
- When Edd gets out of his room, there's a sign next to the door saying "Edd's Room" (with "sucks" written on the side with a red marker).
- When Edd wakes up Tom, there is a Tomee Bear on his bed.
- When the guys are watching TV, the case under it has DVDs that say "Definitely not porn or something" and "Oh no, you shot that guy".
- One of the actors on the TV resembles real-life actor Nicholas Cage and is confirmed by the website as a created loop.
- Before the TV goes to static, there is a man resembling Doctor Who on the TV, but has Tord's haircut.
- During the credits, Edd, Tom and Matt sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" but they sing out of tune.
- The description for this eddisode on Newgrounds is "HOW FUN".
- When the narrator says "Even those who hate this day" Tom appears at the bottom of the screen with an angry face, proving that he hates Christmas.
- Tom had an annoyed face for nearly the whole video. His face only changes when Edd is waking him up and in the Christmas dinner scene.
- Matt is the only one who keep his morning robe on; this is because he's on the phone for hours.
- When the feast gets set on fire, Tom's eyes turn white, showing he's suprised.
- The "Cheapo Cola" Edd recieves appears to be based of Diet Coke.
- Before the turkey is seen on fire, it appears burnt black for a brief second.
- The video replays again with no audio. The Eddsworld crew takes notice of this, saying "(Then the video plays again with no audio... Weird right?)" in the subtitles.