The episode begins with Edd, Tom, and Matt walking through the rain, with Edd hurling insults at Tom along the way. A flash of light happens as they walk away and it is revealed to be a futuristic Edd, who realizes that Tom's comment of Edd's sense of humor never ceasing to amaze him was indeed an insult.
Edd notices his future self and points out to the others that he sees a Sinister Guy, only for the others to look at a Freddy Krueger-esque man in a different alley. After finding the older Edd looking at them, he tells his past self that Coke is outlawed in his future and that he needs to kill his past self to prevent it from happening; he pulls out a Colt Defender pistol, which transforms into a laser pistol.
After a long chase, the group grabs their prized possessions while Edd's future self tries to enter the door via voice commands and says the “BROCCOLI!“ line ironically; Tom grabs Susan, his bass; Edd, his lucky Cola can; and Matt, one of his portraits. They initiate Operation: MegaEscape4, in which they drive out of go-karts while wearing 3-D glasses. The group goes to a diner and get their meal, while discussing how their lives would be like without Edd.
Edd's future self finds them because of the lucky Cola can he found on the way as seen in a flashback. As he prepares to kill his past self, the latter points out that he would cause a time paradox (grandfather paradox) in the process. Edd's future self shrugs this off as a movie trope, as Chris Bingham's computer crashes, causing him to run out of the room screaming. Edd knocks his future self back with a Cola keg and the group drives away.
Edd's future self decides he needs reinforcements. He teleports to the time Matt's arm was bitten off in the first Zombeh Attack. Meanwhile, Future versions of Tom and Matt step in the past, seeking to stop Edd's future counterpart. Tom's future self says "it's a good thing Red Leader had a second time travel device handy". Edd from the future returns to the present Edd's time and brings his "Army of Me's": Eddins from the Victorian times, Sir Edd from the Middle Ages, Eddius from Ancient Rome, and Edg from Prehistoric Times. He orders his ancestors to attack, but they run away; Eddins gets scared by the neon lights, Sir Edd the motorcycle billboard, Eddius the skyscraper, and Edg the car tires.
Matt's and Tom's future selves intervene and thwart Edd's future self's attempts to kill his past self. At the cost of Susan, Matt's future self, and the Toms, Matt gets the time machine and decides to make a future where he's king of the world.
(The Eddisode begins.)
(The gang are walking in the rain.)
Tom: Ugh, this rain is so annoying!
Edd: YOU'RE so annoying.
Tom: Yeah, well I hope it ends soon.
Edd: I hope YOU ends soon.
Tom: Ugh, I'm getting soaked.
Edd: YOU'RE getting soaked. Uh... and you're ugly as well.
Tom: As always, Edd, your sense of of humour never ceases to amaze me.
Edd: Was that an insult?!
Tom: You figure it out.
(Lightning strikes as Future Edd comes out.)
Future Edd: Finally, after many years I return. Now it's time to...wait. That WAS an insult!
(Title screen plays)
Tom: Well, when they found the skeleton in my kitchen, they assumed it was mine, so by the time I got home, the landlord had already rented the place out to someone else. So that's when I thought...
(Edd notices Future Edd in the shadows)
Edd: Hey guys, do you see a sinister-looking guy down that alleyway?
Matt: Whoa, yeah!
Tom: Whoa, that is sinister!
(Shows person covered in blood)
Edd: Oh wait, I meant that alleyway. (Points at Future Edd)
(A bus passes by and Future Edd disappears.)
Matt: Kind of looked like Edd with a beard.
Edd: Don't be silly. Only Tom can grow a beard.
Tom: (shown with beard) I have a disorder!
Edd: There's no way it could be me.
Future Edd: Or is it-?
Edd: No! It Isn't!
(Tom and Matt are surprised. Tom's beard falls off.)
Edd: Oh. Wait. Maybe.
Future Edd: I am YOU from the far off year of 2000-(another bus passes by, read by the subtitles as 2000-OH NO A BUS), where Cola has been outlawed as a drug around the globe. After several years I realized there was only one choice, I must travel to the past to... (pulls out gun) kill my past self to spare me from such a grim future!
Edd: But that doesn't look very futuristic. (Turns into laser gun)
(The group runs from Future Edd in the town.)
(Future Edd shoots laser, Edd dodges it)
Man: I wanted my chicken EXTRA CRISPY!!! (chicken gets hit by laser) THIS CHANGES NOTHING.
(They're still chased by Future Edd)
(Future Edd shoots another laser)
Man 2: (pushes old lady) Excuse me, but I have some very important business to attend to so I can't--(hit by laser) AAAAAHHHH!!! WHAT CRUEL IRONY!!!!
Old Lady: Such a nice young man.
(The gang still gets chased by Future Edd.)
(Future Edd shoots another laser)
Man 3: Oh no, a giant laser! Help me, Super Guy!
(Super Guy flies in in front of the man)
SuperGuy: Never to fear! With my powers, I can stop anything in the world! Just as long as it isn't laser-- (They both get hit by the laser) AAAAHHHH!!!
(The gang run into the house as Future Edd gets slammed into the door.)
Matt: Grab what you need and let's get out of here.
(Tom checks the eye scan and takes out Susan.)
Tom: Oh baby, I missed you.
(Edd looks through his drawers)
Edd: Passport, nope. Medicine, nope. Precious heirlooms, nope. Aha, my lucky can!
(Matt looks at his pictures and takes one.)
Edd's voice: Matt, come on, we have to go!
Matt: Okay, I'll be right there!
Matt: Sorry, guys. You'll be in my heart. (He leaves)
Hawaiian Picture: Ha ha ha ha! Aww...
Edd: Alright, it's time for... OPERATION MEGA ESCAPE 4.
(Screen reads "Operation Mega Escape 4")
Future Edd: GRR... Open! Access! Enter! ...Broccoli?
(Garage door opens, guys come out as disguised go-karters, with corny music playing.)
(They walk into a diner, walking past Dom).
Dom: Ey Hed!
(They are sitting at a table)
Waitress: Alright, you guys, so it was the pasta for you, the tacos for you, and for you?
Matt: Whatever you want, sweet chee—
(Waitress has angry look on her face as background reads "RAGE")
Matt: Uh... I'll just have a meat and potato pie.
Waitress: Alright, would anyone want any drinks?
Edd: Okay, We'll just have one?... two?... Yeah, better make it two gallons of coke, please.
Matt: So, why are we all running away from this guy if he only wants to kill Edd?
Tom: Well, without Edd, it would just be me and you, and, well, that would suck. Has anyone else noticed this is like the most we've ever spoken?
Dom's voice: Ey Hed!
(Dom's corpse flies through a glass door, leaving a blood stain on the wall)
Tom: Holy pug in a pizza box!!!
Future Edd: What make you think your FUTURE self would not know where his PAST self would be hiding?!
Edd: Then how come it took you so long to find u--?
Future Edd: Shut up. Now prepare to die!
Tom: Wait, how do we really know your Edd from the future?
Future Edd: Well... Our lucky can, Edd. I remember exactly how WE got it.
(A scene of a bad drawing of Edd walking down a sidewalk)
Edd: (Singing) Ooh, a can! (Puts it in his pocket) Shove! (Continues singing)
(Back to present)
Edd: He's RIGHT.
Future Edd: Now that THAT'S out of the way, (Puts on sunglasses) Time to die.
Edd: B-but w-w-won't this create some kind of paradox or something?!
Future Edd: Don't be stupid, that sort of thing only happens in the movies-
(Suddenly, the movie glitches up. Bing is trying to watch the movie, but he gets the blue screen of death. He hollers and runs out of the room. The screen then says "JUST KIDDING!")
(Future Edd was quite stumped over what happened as was Edd too. The waitress walks in with the gallons of coke. Thinking fast, Edd grabs one of the gallons of coke, shakes it up, opens the top, and a stream of Coke shoots out.)
Future Edd: SON OF A BI- (Coke splashes into his face) THIS IS DELICIOUS!!
(Edd, Matt and Tom start up their go-karts and drive off as Future Edd watches them leave from the back door)
Future Edd: Hmm...this is going to be harder than I thought.
(Future Edd rolls up his sleeve and looks at the time-travel device on his wrist. The words "LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN" are seen written on masking tape.)
Future Edd: Looks like I'll need some reinforcements. (Presses the button on his time travel device and warps out of sight.)
(The scene then changes to the year 2005 when Zombeh Attack is taking place. Past Matt is walking up to a zombeh, about to ask it for directions.)
Past Matt : Excuse me, but do you know wh-
(The zombeh bites off Past Matt's arm)
Past Matt : ARRGH!!!
(Past Edd, Tom and Tord are shown watching with a shocked expression on their faces)
Past Tord: Oh my god, he bit off his arm!
Past Edd: RUN AWAY!
(The three of them run off the screen as Future Edd appears in their place)
Future Edd: Whoops, looks like I'm in the the shuttered bit.
(Past Matt wincing in pain)
Past Matt: Help me...
Future Edd: Oh, I would Matt, but I uh.. time lines and paradoxes and stuff...
(Future Edd teleports away; Meanwhile, back in the present, future versions of Tom and Matt teleport in)
Future Tom: Huh! It's a good thing Red Leader had a second time travel device.
Future Matt: Now we just have to stop Edd before he messes anything up in the future.
(Future Matt's face changes, in which his bionic right eye and chin disappears)
Future Matt: Oh, he's a dead man.
(Future Matt and Future Tom start walking together down the alley)
Future Matt: So where should we start looking?
Future Tom: I'm not sure, but I hope Edd's past self has enough sense to hide somewhere.
(Meanwhile, Edd, Tom, and Matt look at a Cola commercial through a window at a TV store, out of their go-karts)
Edd: Hahaha! I'm distracted.
Matt: Who keeps buying this stuff?
Tom: Yeah, we should probably get back to the cars now.
(The three walk towards their go-carts, when Future Edd appears in front of them)
Future Edd: Time to finish this once and for all with my army of meee's!
Future Edd: Eddins, Sir. Edd, Eddious. And Edd-gu.
Future Edd: So, now there is no escape. Attack my brethre-
(Eddins suddenly screams, and the screen cuts to an "eat at Joe's" sign. Sir Edd screams as well, and the screen cuts to motorcycle billboard. Eddius screams, and the screen cuts to a tower. Edg screams, and the screen cuts to a tire. All four of them run off.)
Future Edd: How can this plan get any worse?
Future Matt: Stop right there!
Matt: Oh god, i'm old!
Tom: Hey, uh, why the eye thing?
Future Tom: Remember that laser you took to the face?
Tom: Uh, yeah?
Future Tom: Cancer. Anyway, Edd, we're here to stop you before you destroy the future for your selfish needs.
Future Edd: No! I won't go back! I won't go back to that bleak soda-free future!
(Future Edd grabs Edd by the neck. Edd reaches in Tom's pocket and smacks Future Edd with Susan.)
Future Tom & Tom: No, Susan!
(Future Tom fires his laser gun at Future Edd. Future Edd ducks and avoids the laser, which causes the laser to head towards Edd. Edd grabs reaches for and grabs Matt's picture frame.)
Matt: Not the face!
(The laser is deflected by the picture frame. The laser then strikes the lamppost and crushes Future Matt, Future Tom, and Tom, which knocks the time travel device out of Future Tom's hands. Both Edds run towards it.)
Future Edd: DASHDASHDASHDASHDASHDASHDASHDASH!
(Edd picks the device up, but Future Edd tackles him which knocks it into the air. It then lands in Matt's hands.)
Edd: Matt, Hurry! Save us!
(Matt presses the button, and goes back in time. The screen cuts to Mount Rushmore, where the faces of the four presidents heads are replaced with that of Matt's. The screen cuts to the Sphinx, where once again Matt's own face is in place of the Sphinx. The screen then cuts to a statue, which is changed to a statue of Matt. Finally, the screen cuts to Easter Island, where every Easter Island Head simply dons Matt's hair. Scan lines as well as the BBC 7 logo appear.)
News Reporter: Today, we have the pleasure of speaking to the well-known creator, author, founder, and king of pretty much everything in existence since the dawn of man known simply as Matt. Tell us Matt, how did you come up with the idea of creating and ruling everything in existence?
Matt: Well, it all started when I got my hands on a- I mean, uh, invented my own time machine. Anyway, I pretty much just went back in time and-
Edd: I hate- LOVE MATT!
- Paul (cameo)
- Tord (Footage from Zombeh Attack)
- Christopher Bingham (Live-action footage)
- Business Man
- Ross Mugridge
- Super-Guy (Voiced by Arin Hanson)
- Edd Gould (Non-faced)
- WTFuture is a parody of The Terminator series, where Edd's future self is like the Terminator trying to kill someone to change the future (in this case, himself), Edd, Matt, and Tom trying to escape to survive, and that the Future Tom and Matt are like the Resistance members who try to protect the victim from getting killed (also himself). In an extra scene, Edd's future self spoke of Naked Austrian guys saying "clothes cannot go back in time because they are not made of biological matter". This is a reference to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines; the Terminator travelled back in time with no clothes on, and was played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is an Austrian-American.
- Cocaine, a drug, could be found in real Coca-cola at one point in time.
- Edd has a Tomee Bear on his shelf while he looks for things.
- The events of WTFuture are referenced in Hammer & Fail: Part 1, as Matt mumbles "It was better being ruler of everything. It was awesome."
- The three see an advertisement for Coca-Cola with Bacon, from This World of Edd.
- Unlike the real Windows® blue screen of death, this blue screen of death's text has been edited to read, "Oh my god, your computer has gone psycho and destroyed thousands of the homes of the people that live inside your computer. Much like the vikings they have savaged the land inside your bus and destroyed what little they have left in their imaginary lives. This truly is doomsday for them all." "JUST KIDDING!"
- When Tom's future self explains that Tom's present self will develop cancer, Tom can be heard in the background with a somewhat dismayed "Huh!".
- When present day Matt acquires the time travel devices, it reads "I guess so lol" on the display.
- After Edd, Tom, and Matt escape the restaurant, the bullet bill sound effect from the Mario Bros series can be heard.
- When Matt changes the Mount Rushmore it relates to a background art Edd posted on DeviantART in 2005, which is seen here.
- In Tom's room there is a crude replica of the Eddsworld vertical poster.
- When Edd's future self was blasted with coke, the subtitles read: "SON OF A BEAGLE"
- Future Edd's gun returns in part two of Space Face in Tom's hands.
- At the end of Fan Service, the movie-style poster of WTFuture shows up behind the real Edd. There is also the poster for MovieMakers.
- The gun Edd's future self uses makes another appearance in part two of Space Face when Edd, Matt and Tom are shooting at each other.
- On the newspaper Edd's future self has, the date in the future is the 20th of October.
- When Matt is getting insulted by Tom, Paul can be seen sitting at the table behind them.
- The scene where Edd fires a gallon of cola at his future self was recorded by wrapping a towel around Edd's neck, and Tom pouring water into his mouth. It took two takes. Tom reflected on this in the Documentary, stating "We basically waterboarded him."
References to past Eddisodes and other media
- Tom's future self claims that the laser he took to the face ended up giving him cancer, a reference to Zanta Claws II.
- When Edd's future self is at the house door, he asked, "Broccoli?", which is a quote from Hello Hellhole; he shouted "Broccoli!" when entering (and leaving) the Hellevator. He would later do this again in Zanta Claws III.
- Operation: MegaEscape4, which consists of Edd, Tom & Matt riding Go-Carts while wearing 3-D glasses, is a reference to a Go-Cart animation featured in Random Bits.
- Tom's bass guitar, Susan, is seen again, but all patched up. This is a reference to Ruined where Edd played around with it and broke it while using it to kill a spider.
- Edg's future shock comes from a car that looked like Tord's car from 25ft under the seat and Zanta Claws II.
- In the end, when Edd and Tom are watching Matt on TV, one can see a red and blue DVD under the TV, those are the same DVDs that appeared under Edd's TV in Xmas Day.
- There are references to the British Science Fiction program 'Doctor Who'. One is when Edd, Tom and Matt are running from Edd's future self, the TARDIS can be seen in the Background. Another is when Edd pulls out Matt's picture to block the Laser blast, the words 'Bad Wolf' are graffitied on the wall behind them. Another is the time machine on Edd's future self's wrist - it is loosely based on Captain Jack's Vortex Manipulator from Doctor Who.
- The title is a reference to WTF (What The Fuck).
- Future Edd's TimeWalkerThing lite has a piece of tape on the 'warp' button that reads, "Let's do the timewarp again", a reference to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Sir Edd's sword looks very similar to the Master Sword, a sword from The Legend of Zelda video games.
- When Matt is choosing a picture to take, there is a poster in the background with practically no detail which appears as a spoof of the Army of Darkness movie poster.
- In the diner, seconds before Dom is killed, the poster on the wall notes, "Welcome to Bob's Diner, we promise not to eat your heart". This is a reference to a Bork Facade episode by Joel from Vinesauce.
- Eddins' future shock, the Eat@Joe's sign, is a possible reference to Rayman, notably the original 1995 game. The sign first appeared in Climate Change in Edd's house. It could also be a reference to UkinoJoe.
- Matt's interview at the end is on a channel called BBC7; BBC7 was a real radio station.
- At one point, Edd stated this was the hardest animation to create. He has gone on record several times saying this was his favourite Eddisode so far.
- Tord Larsson re-recorded the line for his animated counterpart originally voiced Alex L'Abbé during the Zombeh Attack scene. Tord is given a special thanks at the end.
- Tom: "Agh, this rain is so annoying."
Edd: "YOU'RE so annoying."
Tom: "Yeah, well, I hope it ends soon."
Edd: I hope YOU end soon.
Tom: "Ugh, I'm getting soaked!"
Edd: "YOU'RE getting soaked...*realizes what he said* ....uh, and you're ugly as well."
Tom: "As usual, Edd, your humor never ceases to amaze me."
Edd: "Was that an insult?!"
Tom: "You figure it out."
*Future Edd returns*
Future Edd: "Finally, after many years I return. Now it's time to.....wait! That WAS an insult!"
- Tom: "Well, when they found the skeleton in my kitchen, they assumed it was mine, so by the time I got home, the landlord had already rented the place out to someone else. So that's when I thought... Oh No a bus!"
- Matt: "So why exactly are we all running away from this guy if he only wants to kill Edd?"
Tom: "Well, without Edd, it would just be me and you, and, well, that would suck. Has anyone else noticed this is like the most we've ever spoken?"
- Hellucard: "Hey, Edd!"
- Tom: "Holy bug in a pizza box!"
- Edd (Future): "What makes you think your future-self would not know where his past-self was hiding?"
Edd: "Then how come it took you so long to find us?"
Future Edd: "Shut up. Now prepare to die!"
- Tord : "(After matt is bitten by a zombie/Zombeh) Oh my god, he bit off his arm!"
- Matt (Future): "Now we just have to stop Edd before he messes anything up in the future. *eye and chin go back to normal, he starts to go bald* Oh, he's a dead man!"
- Tom: "Hey, uh, why the eye thing?"
Future Tom: "Remember that laser you took to the face?"
Tom: "Uh, yeah."
Future Tom: "Cancer."
- Edd: "I hate-LOVE MATT!"
- (Edd grabs Susan and whacks Future Edd with it)
- Tom (Present/Future): No, Susan!
A hidden scene can be found. The scene shows Edd's future self talking about 'naked Austrian guys' while walking up an alley. At the end of the scene, he spots Edd, Matt and Tom on the other side of a road.
DELETED SCENE TRANSCRIPT:
-VIEW OF LONDON-
Future Edd: I have NO idea what those naked Austrian guys were talking about. (Austrian accent) Your clothes cannot travel with you because they are not made of biological matter.- (regular voice) Whatever that was about.
-EDD, TOM AND MATT ARE SPOTTED-
Future Edd: Ah ha! There they are!