Tribute is a song, originally sung by super-sized metal/comedy duo Tenacious D. The music video for this song by Eddsworld features its characters, including Edd, the Tord Demon and an unnamed character (credited as Matt/Kyle, but not the Eddsworld one). It is one of Eddsworld's first flashes and is only avaliable on Edd's official website and Newgrounds.
Edd and Kyle slowly walk through the desert when suddenly a demon that looks similar to Tord, appears in front of them. He asks them to play the best song in the world or he will eat their souls. Kyle puts his sunglasses on and starts playing the guitar, while Edd is singing. When the song ends, the shocked demon asks them if they are angels. Edd and Kyle reply that they are the men and continues playing and singing the song, causing the demon to fall down in shock. The two later stop singing and slowly walk away, letting the defeated demon lying on the ground.
- This is the greatest and best song in the world... Tribute.
- Long time ago me and my brother Kyle here,
- we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
- All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon...
- in the middle... of the road.
- And he said:
- "Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your souls."
- Well me and Kyle, we looked at each other,
- and we each said... "Okay."
- And we played the first thing that came to our heads,
- Just so happened to be,
- The Best Song in the World, it was The Best Song in the World.
- Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
- One and one makes two, two and one makes three.
- It was destiny.
- Once everyone hundred-thousand years or so.
- When the sun doth shine and the moon doth glow.
- And the grass doth grow.
- Needless to say, the beast was stunned.
- Whip-crack went his rumped tail,
- And the beast was done.
- He asked us: "(snort) Be you angels?"
- And we said, "Nay. We are but men."
- Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,
- Ohhh, whoah, ah-whoah-oh!
- This is not The Greatest Song in the World, no.
- This is just a tribute.
- Couldn't remember The Greatest Song in the World, no, no.
- This is a tribute, oh, to The Greatest Song in the World,
- All right! It was The Greatest Song in the World,
- All right! It was the best motherfuckin' song,
- the greatest song in the world.
- And the peculiar thing is this my friends:
- the song we sang on that fateful night it didn't actually sound
- anything like this song.
- This is just a tribute! You gotta believe me!
- And I wish you were there! Just a matter of opinion.
- Ah, fuck! Good God, God lovin',
- So surprised to find you can't stop it.
- All right! All right!