Tom's Tales of Awesome is the first installment of the series of tales written and voiced solely by Tom and animated by Edd.
Tom narrates the intro, talking about the history of his and Edd's partnership, then introduces the episode.
The opening scene shows Tom standing by a red button, he deduces that no repercussions will occur from pressing it and does so. Nothing happens there, and he walks away whistling. The scene then shifts to Canada, where a Mountie is talking about how much he wants to ride his moose when his head suddenly disappears.
While Tom is walking around he is stopped by a giant Irish Lemon. He refuses to let him pass because "he is an arsehole." Tom responds by shoving the lemon off a cliff, sending the latter into a giant juicer. Then Tom decides to jump in the juicer, blending himself and mixing his blood with the lemon juice resulting in an orange liquid.
Tom finds a magic penny, which tells him to make some wishes, prompting Tom to ask for infinite wishes. This confuses the penny who self-destructs, causing a massive explosion. Tom, however, seems unfazed by this, and continues walking as he was before.
The scene changes to Tom who seems to have his mind blown by a chair. He calls a man (who looks similar to Edd with a moustache) over to admire the chair. A few seconds later, Tom gets bored, and the man suggests that they should play Tetris, exciting Tom again, who runs offscreen; he eventually gets distracted by a lamp.
Tom is then seen hanging of the edge of a cliff, about to fall. Suddenly, Captain State the Obvious arrives and starts to state obvious facts to Tom, such as "You are hanging onto a ledge." He continues until Tom gets frustrated and sarcastically shouts "Oh well, thank you, Captain State the Obvious!" The captain reveals that was all he wanted to hear, and flies away without helping Tom. Later, a tiny man known as Apathetic Bloke arrives. A frustrated Tom replies, "Oh, you know what? Just... screw this." and lets go of the ledge, falling to his death.
- Apathetic Bloke's hairstyle is similar to Matt's hairstyle at the time.
- The Canadian appears again in Tom's Tales of Brilliance
- Tom breaks the fourth wall twice in this episode.
- One of the skits show Tom and someone who resembles Edd getting excited by seeing a chair. Another features Tom clinging with his life while Captain S.T.O. says what Tom is doing. These two skits would be combined and be featured in Zanta Claws (minus the Edd-like guy and Tom clinging to his life). "Hey, he just stopped at that house right over there. Hey, I just stated the obvious. Ooh, look, a chair!"
- Tom is singing "Oh, I'm just walking along in a random white void, looking for an interesting plot development." before he meets the lemon.
- This episode can be seen in "Bang, Boom, Splat!" In Level 3.
- All of the sound effects were done by Tom.
|This Eddsworld article is part of Project Eddisode, a project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each Eddsworld episode.|