The End is the two-part season finale of both Season 8 and Eddsworld: Legacy. This is the third two-part Eddisode in the series (after Hammer & Fail and Space Face), and the fifth and final full-length Eddisode to be produced during the Eddsworld: Legacy season.
- Tim Hautekiet/Edd Gould as Edd (Gould's audio archived from 25ft Under the Seat)
- Thomas Ridgewell as Tom/Sinister Guy
- Matt Hargreaves as Matt
- Jamie Spicer-Lewis as Tord
- Brock Baker as Eduardo
- Eddie Bowley as Jon/Adam Luckawort
- Ben Rudman as Mark
- Danielle Kogan/Jonathan Gran/Zachary Gorsuch as The Pirates
- Rob DenBleyker as Old Lady
- Dave McElfatrick as Grandmado
- Alexandre L'Abbé as Shop Announcer
- Laurel Dearing as House Defense System Computer
- Ken Ashcorp as Toilet
- Alex Farmer as Dr. Decapi
The gang are driving home from having gone fishing. A fish in Matt's fish tank has been eaten by Sir Swamsalot, but then dies as the smaller fish puffs up. Matt says that Sir Swimsalot exploded, and asks the gang to go fishing. Tom and Edd then state that they just went fishing. The screen flashes back to the gang fishing and Tom shooting a harpoon gun at a whale. In the car, Edd complains about how Tom sold the sofa to buy the harpoon gun, but Tom simply states that he'll harpoon them a new one.
Once home, Tom is seen carrying harpoons to a nearby room (singing 'Harpoons, harpoons, they're better than spoons), but before he can enter, he sees a silhouetted figure tampering with a lock. Tom then drops his harpoons in sudden surprise, Edd is also in sudden shock, and Matt is nonchalantly eating a cookie. The figure reveals himself to be none other than Tord. The return of the 'old friend' annoys Tom, whilst the rest of the gang are happy as can be. Tord states that he's upset that he couldn't have been there for all the adventures he missed out on, so Edd decides that they should redo them, this time with Tord in on board.
Throughout the montage of them doing their adventures with Tord (namely 25ft Under the Seat, MovieMakers and Space Face), we see him constantly intentionally harming Tom one way or another, most of the time in a comedic way. When they get back home, Tord asks if he can have his old room back, which now belongs to Tom. By this point, Tom has had enough, throwing the couch clear through the wall and slamming into Eduardo's house violently, where he storms out of the house angrily because, "This place is too crowded anyway!" Eduardo sarcastically remarks how happy Tom looked, with Jon not picking up on the sarcasm as Mark lounges in their new found couch. To end this, Eduardo comments on how he wishes Jon was dead.
Edd wants to go after Tom, but Tord manages to persuade him to catch up now that's he back. No one seems particularly bothered, and the eddisode ends with Tord saying "Just like old times..." before closing the curtains closed with a sinister grin on his face, and the art style gradually changing to Edd's style.
Continuing from the plot of the previous edisode, Tom is now homeless and attempts to find a new house to rent. He checks out many houses (with cameos from old characters) before eventually giving up and deciding to live in a cardboard box with no friends.
Meanwhile, Edd; Matt and Tord are watching the film mentioned in the previous edisode. Edd ponders over what happened to Tom, but Tord is quick to change the subject.
Tom meets a homeless man (the Sinister Guy from WTFuture) who reassures him that he's making the right decision, before inviting him to perform a rat-puppet show. When he looks up, Tom has left.
Tord sneaks away from Edd and Matt and into his/Tom's old room. He flips a lever hidden behind a portrait of himself, revealing a hidden room filled with advanced technology and weaponry. he goes to press a large button in the center of the room, however before he can Edd interrupts him. He attempts to convince Edd the room is merely a laundry room, however Edd runs past and begins pressing buttons, causing objects around the house to come to life and start acting as weapons. Matt arrives, and joins Edd in pressing buttons. He attempts to press the large button, however Tord punches him in the face in order to stop him. Matt is visibly hurt, until Tord offers to take them for ice cream to make him feel better, however Edd remains more wary of Tord.
Tom goes to a real estate developer, and uses all of his money to buy a house, surprising the man in the office with his large sum of money.
The others are out shopping, when Tord leaves, pretending to take a phone call (using a banana as a fake phone). Edd questions Matt about his opinion of Tord, but is ingnored as Matt says he's "On the banana".
Tom is leaving the real estate building, when he spies a wanted poster on the wall. He runs back to the house, with Edd and Matt deciding to follow. When Tom gets to the house, he catches Tord about to press the button and questions him about the hidden room and the wanted poster (which is revealed to show Tord in military attire, similar to that worn by Paul throughout the series). Tord reveals that the large red button is merely to dispense his favorite hat (a throwback to Moving Targets), but then turns to press another red button, dropping him into the cockpit of a giant robot, modeled after himself.
Tord's mech is confronted by Eduardo, before Tord launches a rocket which blows up Eduardo's home. Edd and Matt return and question Tord on his actions, before Tord reveals he was merely using them to get his giant robot back. Tom attempts to throw one of Tord's chairs to defeat him, shouting "Take a seat!" as he throws it. The pun enrages Tord, causing him to launch a missile, destroying the house. Edd and Matt are horrified at by the rubble of the house, before seeing Tom's body in a crater. Tord begins flying away in his mech, however he is halted when the mech begins punching itself. He looks down to see Matt at the control panel, pushing buttons, causing the mech to attack itself. Edd joins in, before they are interrupted by Eduardo, grieving over Jon's body. Edd and Matt realize that it was Jon who died (much like Eduardo wanted him to, although he now mourns his friends death), not Tom, before Tord destroys the control panel and flies away. Suddenly, Tom pulls himself out of the wreckage of the house with his harpoon gun, and fires at Tord, damaging the mech and causing it to crash on a nearby cliffside.
Tord is soon discovered in the wreckage, having suffered horrific injuries, by his fellow soldiers. He stands on the hillside looking down at the house, for hours, before finally leaving.
Skip to several days later, with Edd delivering a box of ashes from their old house to Tom's new apartment. They discuss Matt, who is currently 'redecorating' (putting up pictures of himself and mirrors) his own apartment with images and statues of himself. Tom and Edd say their goodbyes to one another, as Edd walks out into the hallway sadly, only to be greeted by Matt, revealing they all live next door to one another.
Edd, Tom and Matt sit down in Edd's apartment to watch Insane Zombie Pirates from hell 5, as Edd asks Tom why his eyes are black. However, before Tom can answer, he eats a mouthful of popcorn, causing him to mumble his response as the camera slowly pans out, and the front door closes on Edd's apartment, and their new lives.
After the credits, the Sinister Guy finishes telling three children the "story of Eddsworld", and asks them what they thought of it. Jon is revealed to have become a ghost since his death at the hands of Tord's robot. Jon tries to tell the children that he is fine, until he realizes that he is a ghost and becomes disappointed.
On 15 April 2014, Eddsworld's Twitter released a photo signifying the completion of the script for Part 1.
On 26 September 2015, an unfinished version of the opening sequence for Part 1 was shown during Tom's panel at MCM Scotland Comicon. The preview ended with the gang discovering a shadowy figure in their house which is hinted to be Tord. Tom also stated the first part would air "early next year".
On 4 December 2015, an update video was posted on the Eddsworld YouTube channel, showing some images and giving new info of the two parts of the Eddisode.
On 6 February 2016, it was confirmed from either a Twitter or Skype PM conversation with Pearl Zhang (one of the animators of Saloonatics) that The End will serve as the series finale. (Agh, Prikle, why do you have to be such a pessimist?!)
On 16 February 2016, Eddsworld's Twitter confirmed the release for Part 1 to be in March 2016.
On 23 February 2016, Eddie Bowley confirmed on his Twitter page that Part 2 was going to be a collab with Brandon Turner (Wazzaldorp), Greg McMahon (Gregzilla), Matt Ley (ThatLaserBearGuy), Jamie Spicer-Lewis (RageNineteen), Tobias Knitt (Knitti), Joshua Palmer (Zeurel), Anthony Price (Kreid), Ben Smallman (Wonchop), Marc Lovallo (SuperSmash3DS), and Billy Crinion (BillyBCreationz) serving as animators; with Jonti Picking (Weebl) providing backgrounds, and Paul ter Voorde creating the animatic and serving as art director.
On 24 February 2016, Eddsworld's Twitter released the official poster for the Eddisodes, confirming the dates to be March 9th and March 16th, 2016.
On 5 March 2016, it was stated that 'Paul is finished and free!' on Eddsworld's Twitter, confirming that Paul has finished and has left.
Between March 2nd and March 9th, 2016, screencaps of Part 1 were posted on Eddsworld's Twitter.
On 9 March 2016, Part 1 was released.
On 10 March 2016, Vicky Gould revealed via Twitter that Edd's mother, Sue Gould, would be taking the position of showrunner, and new Eddisodes would be produced.
On 16 March 2016, Part 2 was released.
The Future of Eddsworld
When asked if The End was the end of Eddsworld, Tom replied "Eddie and I wrote ‘The End’ to serve as both an ending for Eddsworld: Legacy and also the show as a whole if needed. However, both Matt and the Gould family have plans to keep Eddsworld going in some way or another. That’s honestly all I know!"
After the release of Part 2, Eddsworld's Twitter tweeted "This is Tom, Paul & Eddie signing off. Thank you so much, everyone. We hope you enjoyed Eddsworld Legacy. Good luck to the Gould family x"
Tom has given permission for his character to be used if the show continues, however he will not be back to help or to voice act.
Vicky Gould has confirmed on Twitter that Eddsworld will continue in comic form. 
Rumors have spread, and have been possibly confirmed by Matt that Eddsworld is returning as a series in January of 2018.
- This is the third two-part Eddisode of the series (after Hammer & Fail and Space Face). This is also the second and final two-part Eddisode animated by Paul ter Voorde. However, unlike Space Face, Paul will only be animating the entirety of Part 1, as Part 2 is going to be a collab between ten different animators.
- This is to be the last Eddisode written and produced by Thomas Ridgewell and Eddie Bowley, as they revealed on Twitter that they would be stepping down after The End is complete.
- Part 2 has some scenes where the art style differs slightly, because it was a collab episode.
- Two of the animators for Part 2 (Marc Lovallo and Billy Crinion, who also worked on the flashback sequence from Part 1) are two of the key people working on the fan project, Eddsworld: The Movie.
- This is the longest Eddisode ever (six minutes for Part 1, and 12 minutes for Part 2), totaling at 18 minutes.
- Fans were requesting to have the Eddisode renamed 'The Eddnd' or 'The Endd'. Eddie Bowley commented on this on his Twitter, and said that it would not change.
- Part 2 was uploaded on the date of the tenth anniversary of the Eddsworld YouTube channel; this was confirmed to be intentional on Eddsworld's Twitter.
- It was speculated that Alex Labbe might return to voice in Part 2, hinted by Tom on Twitter.  This turned out to be true, as he returned to voice the shop announcer.
- Tord said he would take Matt out for ice cream, and Matt went ahead with it, but in Hammer & Fail (Part 2), Matt said he doesn't like ice cream.
- This is the first Eddisode to be released on Newgrounds since The Snogre.
- Tom revealed on his Tumblr that the story for Part 2 was primarily a metaphor for Edd's cancer coming back and practically destroying everything they'd developed together.
- The song from Part 1's credit and opening music is a remix of "Edd's crappy song" by Todd Bryanton (A.K.A LilDeuceDeuce).
- As revealed in the animatic, the lines for the flashback scene recorded by Spicer-Lewis, Hargreaves and Ridgewell were first recorded normally, then bit-crunched to match the original Eddisode's audio.
- Paul ter Voorde was originally going to animate the scenes involving Tord's mech, but had to cancel so he do the work he had to do at Studio Yotta.
- Originally, as shown in Paul's animatic, when Tord was taking off and later losing control of his mech, their was supposed to be a bubble with Tord inside, in order to see his expressions. This was likely changed because it became too much work for the animator.
- Many fans speculated that the wish was caused by the Eddsworld crew and that Tom was dead,however this was the opposite and it was the wish that was caused by Eduardo and that Jon was dead.
- When Edd and the gang are fishing, his fishing cap resembles the same hat worn by the person in the intro of the short, Edd. Also, in the background, a character resembling Bryn (Byrnimation) is seen in a boat in the background.
- The whale that Tom harpoons on their fishing trip is Rescue Whale, the star of Weebl's animated series of the same name, which Paul has animated for before.
- Eddie Bowley, one of the writers for Eddsword, was also the creator and writer of Rescue Whale.
- When the guys get home, a dog resembling Paul's character Skeff can be seen on the front lawn of their house.
- During the intro, there's a series of pictures that recreate moments from older Eddisodes. These pictures (drawn by Marc Lovallo) appear in the following order: Hello Hellhole, Spares, Moving Targets, Zombeh Attack, Zombeh Nation, Tord's Adventure, The Dudette Next Door, Ruined, and Zombeh Attack 3.
- The pictures also appear over blueprints for what appears to be a giant robot.
- As Matt is trying to remember who Tord is, a picture of the two is seen hanging on the wall behind them. The same photo was in Trick or Threat, and a female version was seen in Mirror Mirror.
- In the flashback to the opening of 25ft Under the Seat, the memory eraser gun resembles the gun used in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Marc Lovallo (co-animator on the sequence) confirmed on his Twitter that this was intentional.
- One of the pirates on the couch is seen playing a saxophone.Before it cuts to Tom getting up from under the chair, there's a quick frame of Tom in a different position, indicating that the sequence was longer but was cut down.
- The first shot of the gang in the kitchen mirrors the first shot of Hammer & Fail 2. Tom and Edd are even in the exact same positions. In this sequence, Edd is eating a bowl of Eddsworld Cereal ("now with real cereal") and Matt is eating a plate of ribs, a reference to Comic 113.
- In fact, for a split second, Matt makes the same face he made in the last panel of Comic 113.
- On the wall of Easter eggs in Matt's room, there are tons of references to previous Eddisodes, the most any sequence in any Eddisode has ever had:
- Climate Change - the knick knacks, the TVs, the fan, the power strips
- Zanta Claws III - the Matt ornament, Zanta's guitar
- Xmas Day - the picture of Matt admiring a toaster, the picture of a fan, a bottle of Cheapo Cola
- MovieMakers - the camera, the microphone, the UFO, the "Cast Auditions" sign, an army hat (this could also be from Moving Targets), the "Matt on Matt Action" DVD, Shoe, Don't Mug Me Mug
- WTFuture - a pair of 3D glasses, Matt's pictures, Edg's club, a stone tablet with Matt on it, Future Tom's time travel device, the King Matt portrait
- Space Face - the laser gun, the healer gun, a can of space beer, the aliens from Zorgophos 7 (labeled Jack and Dean, a reference to their voice actors), the zapping stick, Edd's marker
- Fun Dead - the windup monkey, Edd's roller coaster photo, a map of asdfland, the evil mop
- 25ft Under the Seat - Tom's fish helmet, the security photo, a squid tentacle, Matt's keys
- Mirror Mirror - the sword
- Zanta Claws II - half the head of an explosive caroler
- Tomee Bear
- Edd Again - the Matt doll
- PowerEdd - the dartboard
- Date Night - the killer socks and the can of radioactive waste
- Matt Sucks - the Matt bat, a wooden stake
- Hammer & Fail - a hard hat, the Mellow Pages phone book, the blueprints, the "antique" lamp
- Hide and Seek - the muffin, a box
- Zombeh Nation - The "When you're good, you're me" picture
- Fan Service - Tom's dog
- Books called "Crudely Drawn Tank Manual", "Rescue Whale", "Space Cats", and "Illegal Ideas"
- When the gang goes underwater, the character Temmie (based on background artist Temmie Chang) from Undertale can be seen lying in the background.
- The script that Matt reads during the MovieMakers sequence is called "TOM'S STUPID SCRIPT", and the text is written in Comic Sans.
- When the Internet CEO is watching the video online, "People getting hurt funny" is in the search bar, the video is called "Biral hit on the tube", and it has only twelve views. Also, in the related videos section, famous YouTubers such as I Hate Everything, h3h3productions, GradeAUnderA, and TearofGrace appear. The IHE video is called [DELETED], a reference to the various copyright-related issues the channel has faced.
- Commander Bai and his crew are seen sitting on an asteroid surrounded by cans and bottles of space beer, proving that they survived after being ejected from their ship in Space Face (Part 2). Their ship is also shown to have been put back together using Scotch tape.
- When the gang gets back from their adventures, a picture of Kr3id is seen hanging on the wall.
- The GameCube is still under the TV in the living room.
- Before Edd turned Tom's room into a swimming pool, it was once a guest room.
- Red Leader's logo can be seen on the bottom of Tord's second sofa capsule.
- When we see Mark sitting on the sofa, a bag of groceries is shown leaning against it, referencing his numerous cameo appearances in Fun Dead.
- Eduardo is drinking from a cup filled with some sort of radioactive substance, referencing PowerEdd.
- When Eduardo tells Jon he wishes he were dead, skulls appear in his eyes.
- The phrase "Be Careful what you wish for" is in reference to Eduardo saying this, and in Part 2 Jon dying.
- Towards the end of Part 1, as Tord forebodingly states "Just like old times...", the art style gradually shifts from Paul's to Edd's.
- When Tom is circling Diwi's "Spacious" Room, on the right you can see a list at the top saying Obituaries that state all the animators that have worked on Eddsworld Legacy, Paul Ter Voorde, Anthony Price, Tobias Knitt, Pearl Zhang, Sandra Rivas, Brandon Turner, Greg McMahon, Matt Ley, Jamie Spicer-Lewis, Joshua Palmer, Ben Smallman, Marc Lovallo, Billy Crinion, Pati, and Jonti Picking.
- The box in Diwi's room is labelled "The Orange", a reference to The Orange Box, which was a set of games released by Valve which included Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal.
- One of the dogs that repeatedly chase Tom is Skeff's dog.
- In the house with the ghosts there's a Boo from Super Mario Bros., and a blanket with a sad ghost face, which is reference to the Eddsworld comic, "Ghost".
- When Tom started looking for a place to rent, he went to Diwi from MovieMakers, Kim and Katya from The Dudette Next Door and Bing and Larry from Spares.
- Bing was also looking at the blue print of his clones going into the sewers and getting magic powers.
- When the doorbell rings the words 'Bing Bong' appear, referencing Bing's last name.
- The "Sinister Guy" from WTFuture talks to Tom, when he's living in a box. He also appears in a scene after the credits.
- One of the Sinister Guy's rat puppets has a chef hat, referencing the movie Ratatouille.
- While watching Insane Zombie Pirates 5 in Edd's new apartment, a picture of Jon can be seen on the right.
- Tord's Pickelhaube from Moving Targets reappears.
- On one of the control tables, in a screen where Edd is pushing buttons, there's a screen that plays level one of Bang, Boom, Splat!, a flash game made by Edd with Psycosis.
- "Tough hero guy/Adam Luckswort" from Spares reappears in The End as an actor in "Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell 4".
- In Tord's secret lab, there's a blueprint of the monster from PowerEdd; it's possible that Tord created it's pre-fusion form. This is further hinted at by the appearance of several test tubes laying on the table and floor below the blueprint, plus a test tube on the blueprint itself.
- The lever in Tom's room which reveals Tord's lab has the Red Leader logo on it. The logo also appears on Tord's giant robot.
- Portraits of Tord, Paul, Patryk and Hellucard can be seen on the wall of Tord's lab. The portrait of Hellucard is crossed out referencing the character's death from either Space Face or WTFuture.
- A map of London appears over three barrels of radioactive waste with a note attached to it saying "There's a lot to be said for something".
- The CDT-01 tank reappears.
- There is a bumper sticker on the tank saying "I've been to asdfland", referencing Fun Dead.
- When Tord, Matt and Edd leave to get ice cream, there is a poster on the wall of the I Like Trains kid, with less messy hair, and he is saying, "I like the bus." This poster is seen again when Tom is running from bullets from Tord's robot.
- On the fridge, the word "Buy More Cola" is spelled in magnets, a reference to Hammer & Fail.
- Also, when the fridge is in the middle of being sliced, the magnets fall off and spell out, "Boy Ur Lame".
- When the fridge is sliced open Edg, from WTFuture is seen frozen in a block of ice.
- The Mushroom and Orange from Hide and Seek pop out when the fridge is destroyed.
- The Santa Gnome from Zanta Claws III reappears.
- In the estate office, a picture of Sheriff Thompson, Prince Matthew, and Edward Gold, from Saloonatics appears on the wall behind Tom.
- A money tree can be seen in the estate office.
- The old lady from WTFuture reappears.
- In the store, the Eddsworld Cereal from Ruined and Hammer and Fail (Part 1) appears, with a coupon that says "Fun Dead Free admission", a reference to Fun Dead. Other items in the same scene include Fish in a Box, a jar that contains nothing and a mystery box who's price is labeled "What ever it is, its on sale".
- The ice cream being bought by Matt and Edd is called "El Cheapo Ice Cream".
- As Tord runs out of the store, there is a box of onigiri labeled jelly filled donuts. This is most likely a reference to the Pokémon anime (namely the English dub) where Brock/Takeshi eats some onigiri while exclaiming, "These jelly donuts are great!"
- A coffee canister with Skeff's head on it can be seen when Tord runs out of the store. Along with the "finest fruit juice the world has to offer".
- There is a poster saying "Drink Beef Water" on the clearance shelf next when Tord leaves the store.
- On the "Not a Gun Rack, print of two pistols and two knifes, along with a green bazooka, are shown. The knifes and bazooka, are a reference to Tord's Adventure, and the pistols are a reference to Spares.
- On the "Totally a Gun Rack", there's an AK47, and a grenade, and baseball bat. The AK47 is a reference to both Tord's Adventure, Spares, and Moving Targets (as well as being a common weapon in Eddsworld), the grenade is a reference to a Spares, and the bat is a reference to Zombeh Nation.
- In addition to these weapons, a dagger, a shuriken, and a Glock pistol appear alongside the weapons.
- Susan, Tom's Bass, reappears.
- In Tom's new apartment, there is a dartboard hanging on the left wall with a picture of Tord stuck to it. On the right wall is a picture of Tom and Edd.
- The table behind the sofa has a Nintendo Gamecube, a half eaten donut in the box from Mirror Mirror and a bottle of Smirnoff. There's also a sniper rifle laying next to the couch.
- A checker patterned Ska tie hangs on the coat rack next to the front door along with a top hat similar to the one seen on the "Everybody Do The Flop" guy from the asdfmovie series.
- In Matt's new apartment, there's a picture of Matt making the same face he made when he was yelling that he was ready in Hammer & Fail Part 2.
- Pictures of Matilda and Prince Matthew can be found in Matt's new apartment.
- The statue of Matt in Matt's new apartment is titled "Mighty Matt".
- There is also a worship shrine to himself in Matt's new apartment.
- On the right shelf in Edd's new apartment, his Lucky Can from WTFuture, an asdfland picture from Fun Dead, Tom's Bowling ball from the Eddsworld comic "Decoy", and a bottle of Cola from Saloonatics appear.
- Zanta Claws' grave from Zanta Claws III appears next to the couch.
- Surrounding the boxes in Edd's apartment, there is the sword from Mirror Mirror, the zapping stick from Space Face, an illustration of Bendee on a box labled "Edd's Stuff", and the small box from Hide and Seek.
- Hanging on Edd's apartment walls, there is Edd's earflap beanie from The Snogre, his shirt from PowerEdd, and a picture of the Eddsworld YouTube channel's logo.
- A box showing the Adobe Animate logo can be seen around the trash bin.
- The picture Tom drew on to show the house party he'd planned has many cameos, most noticeably are the characters from Crash Zoom, several of the animators and obscure background characters.
- Laurel can also be seen holding hands with Eduardo, a possible reference to Comic #195 in which she was revealed to be Eduardo's ex-girlfriend.
- Tord's old black hoodie/over coat from his original look can be seen in his lab on a coat rack.
- General McCoy, the main antagonist of Eddsworld: The Movie, can be seen on an American flag poster in the post credits scene.
- Edd has been seen talking with food in his mouth a total of two times; the first time was in the first part of Hammer and Fail, when Tom asks Edd if he slept well. The second time is when Edd attempted to let Tom know that Tord was moving back in.
- Tom most likely mumbled at the end to get payback on Edd.
- When Tord's robot removes it's arm and regrows it, the shoulder is black instead of red. This is likely a reference to the fact that Tord originally wore a black trench coat, and was associated with black instead of his traditional red coloring.
- In the Title Screen for the episode, the background song is a remix from a lost short called Edd
- After Tom leaves, Matt suggests Tord sees his novelty toy collection from Fun Dead.
- Edd talking to Tom with his mouth full of cereal is a reference to Hammer & Fail (Part 1, Rival Builders).
- Tord suggests they stay up and watch "Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell IV", the direct sequel to the movie he suggests they watch in Hello Hellhole.
- The line "Just like old times" is one of Grusha's catchphrases from Tom's mobile game, KatataK.
- Tord's undying hatred for "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" by Lesley Gore is mentioned by Tom. In fact, the song that plays during his robot fight borrows rift from the song, most notably when Tom throws a sofa at Tord's robot.
- The smiley face plank from Ed, Edd n Eddy made his cameo his cameo at the left while Matt is at the controls to have revenge on Tord.
- At the end of Part 2, the gang watch "Insane Zombie Pirates 5".
- Jon's death scene is similar to that of Yamcha from Dragon Ball Z.
- In Matt's new room, there's a picture of Matilda from Mirror Mirror, and the Saloonatics depiction of himself (not Prince Matthew).
- A poster of a girl surrounded by tentacles is visible in Tord's secret room, referencing his "hentai addiction" in Behind the Scenes.
- Jamie's character, "Wonder Cat", makes an cameo appearance in the shopping scene, being a mascot for a cat chow brand.
- On the cockpit of Tord's robot is a symbol that also appeared on the airplane in the beginning of The Snogre. Tord might have been involved in some matter to the pilots.
- Paul and Patryk, recurring characters often associated with Tord/Red Leader (and the pilots of the plane seen in The Snogre) are seen after Tord's mech crashes to collect the rubble and bandage Tord's injuries.
- In space, after Tom opens the door, Skeff's dog can be seen.
- In the Supermarket, Eddsworld Cereal is on sale with a cut-out free admission to Fun Dead.
- The jar of pickles eaten by the old lady from WTFuture says "Dills Pickles 1991" on its label. This is a reference to the character Dill Pickles from the show Rugrats, who was supposedly born in 1991.
- The banana display in the grocery store next to Tord says "Go Banana!" which may be a reference to a famous quote made by the character Ralph Wiggum on The Simpsons. In real life, Edd Gould was a fan of The Simpsons and took a lot of inspiration from the show.
- The keys for Tom's new home have the text "SW19" on them, which is the postal code for the Wimbledon neighborhood of London.
- The checker patterned tie seen on a coat rack in Tom's new apartment is a reference to the fact Tom Ridgewell often wears the same kind of tie in his own videos.
- The children in the post-credits sequence are based on close friends of the animators Lovallo and Crinion.
- After Tord blows up Edd's house, he shouts "What a sight!"; this is a reference to his line in Hello Hellhole.
- Eduardo's line, "Good riddance!", references the last line Tom said to Tord in 25ft Under the Seat.
- At the end of Part 2, Edd asks Tom about his black eyes, probably a reference to the fan-made Eddsworld Movie Minisode: "The Mystery of Tom's Eyes", in which Edd asks Tom the same question.
- Tord says "At last, I will be complete again", which references to Sweeney Todd's quote from film .
Rumors and Speculation
- It was rumored from an unknown source that Arin Hanson (best known as "Egoraptor" and co-host of Game Grumps) was going to voice Tord. Tom debunked this on his Twitter sarcastically stating it was a surprise to him too. It was also believed that Ross O'Donovan (best known as "RubberRoss" and another member of Game Grumps) was going to voice Tord for the Eddisode, but on his Twitter, he revealed this to not be true. (see image below)
- In the poster, Jon's blood covers part of the portrait, with what is most likely Tord hidden behind the blood. Tord's giant robot's shadow can also be seen cast over Jon's dead hand.
- Also in the poster, the quote "Be careful what you wish for..." could refer to Tord's long-awaited return and him possibly killing Tom. Tord did return, but he did not kill Tom. Instead, he killed Jon and destroyed Edd's house.
- It could possibly be a reference to Eduardo saying, "I wish you were dead," to Jon in Part 1. Jon ends up getting killed by Tord at the end of Part 2.
- In the picture shown for Part 2 in the Legacy update, a picture of what seems to be a ripped up picture of Tord can be seen. (see below) This turned out to be Tord's wanted poster.
- There were theories saying the Sinister Guy was the Red Leader/Future Tord. This was evident by his red shirt, passion for violence, bright brown hair and multiple more. This was proved to be untrue in Part 2.
- Part 2 shows that Tom owns the N64 and Gamecube that was in the old house.
- Tord is an inventor. One of his inventions is the Furniture Cube, and he possibly invented the Memory Eraser Gun seen in a flashback in Part 1.
- Part 2 reveals that the old lady from WTFuture is Eduardo's grandma.
- Part 2 reveals the new apartment complex Edd, Matt and Tom moved into is located in Wimbledon due to the postal code for the area, "SW19", appearing on Tom's keys.
- Prior to The End, several fans speculated Tom and Tord had secretly cared about each other and that their mutual hatred was little more than a cover façade. However, several events have proven this fan theory false:
- Tord consistently injures, teases and takes enjoyment out of Tom's pain, to the point where it makes Edd uncomfortable.
- Tom states very clearly to Tord "I'm not your friend," in both parts of the episode, going as far as to scream it passionately in the second part.
- Tord revealed he never actually cared about Tom, Edd or Matt after retrieving his giant robot.
- Tord tries to murder Tom using his giant robot to fire a rocket directly at Tom blowing up the house without a second thought.
- Tom is clearly shown being very happy and satisfied with himself after he shoots Tord's robot with his harpoon gun destroying it and causing it to catastrophically crash.
- A dartboard with a picture Tord's face pinned to it is hanging on the wall in Tom's new apartment with several darts having already been thrown at it.
- Tom clearly shows his displeasure when Tord returns indirectly hinting he wants the latter to leave.
- When Tom's harpoon gun is revealed, Matt's fishing rod clips through the boat.
- In Part 1, Matt seems to wear his green overcoat in the MovieMakers reference scene. In the next shot, he only wears his purple hoodie. This is a coloring error ,since Matt has the same kind of sleeves (lacking the overcoat's flares) on both shots.
- A similar error was shown when he munches on a cookie while acting indifferent to Tord's return; in the pre-release shot, he only wears his hoodie, which logically carries over to the next shot. The final cut, however, has him wear his overcoat.
- When Tom is about to shoot Tord's mech with a harpoon, the right sleeve of is hoodie is ripped up to his upper arm, like a short sleeve. But, during the scene when the three watch the mech crashing, that sleeve appears to be undamaged. His left sleeve, however, is still torn off completely.
- In Part 1, when Tord says "it's me, Tord", he loses his accent.
- Tord's giant robot's arms change appearances in different scenes.
- Tord's giant robot's hand is not colored for one frame before flying away.
- Main article: Gallery:The End
- ↑ http://thetomska.tumblr.com/post/141199544323/the-beginning
- ↑ https://twitter.com/eddsworld/status/705931656784437248
- ↑ https://twitter.com/gould_sue/status/707667614286397441
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_VickyGould/status/707659564255211520
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MattLobster/status/710090280247148545
- ↑ http://thetomska.tumblr.com/post/141142385388/goodbye-old-friend
- ↑ http://mutebanana.tumblr.com/post/141142449754/eddsworld-an-end
- ↑ https://twitter.com/eddsworld/status/710153402295197696
- ↑ http://thetomska.tumblr.com/post/141199544323/the-beginning
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_VickyGould/status/741543004545122304