Edd rushes back inside the house to tell Tom, Matt and Tord about the discovery. The three look at the door, initially seem uninterested, with Tom shocked to see his bass guitar broken, but Edd says there might be treasure in the ruins, catching their interest. Edd opens the door, throws down the rope, and everyone goes down the rope. The rope breaks, causing everyone to fall and stun them when they hit the floor.
Edd lights a torch remarking on how he has the only light. Tord turns on his flashlight saying how he had one too, but Edd knocks it down with his torch. The group starts walking into ruins. They pass two skeletons wearing clothes (a reference to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). Matt takes the bigger skeleton's hat and puts it on his head. They also pass a sarcophagus which creaks open with a hand popping out. They stop in their tracks when they see two pathways. Edd says that they have to split up and takes Tom with him. Tom then taunts Tord who gets annoyed (Edd and Tord are usually paired together in some Eddisodes). Matt asks if he really has to go with Tord who gets even more annoyed. They then go their separate ways into the pathways.
Edd and Tom come into a room. Edd wonders if it was safe or not to continue. He then distracts Tom and pushes him into the booby traps. Tom yells in pain while Edd plays with a yo-yo and checks the time on a watch. Tom, who is bleeding, bruised, and all beaten up, tells Edd he hates him. The Mummy is then seen walking down a hallway with ominous music playing. Meanwhile, Matt and Tord wander down a dark hallway. Tord lights a match and Matt looks around. Matt tips his head back into the match Tord was holding and sets his hat on fire. Matt runs around the hallway screaming and sets off a booby trap switch. Two spike walls close up the path and sand starts pouring in on Matt and Tord. Tord asks if it could get any worse and a speaker pops out from the wall and starts playing "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows". Tord starts to say "Son of a..." but is cut off.
Eventually, everyone meets up in the same room. Tom starts to laugh at Tord who had scratches on him but loses his enthusiasm and tells Tord to take Edd next time. Everyone then notices a small chest at the end of the room. Edd gets closer to the box and sees it's locked. He wonders where the key could be when the mummy wearing the key appears behind them. Tom says holy crap in surprise, but then realises what he said wasn't random. He changes it, but when everyone was still staring at him in disapproval he moves away from them. The mummy chants and two more mummies rise up from the ground. All of them then start to attack them. Matt jumps in Tord's arms in fear as two of the mummies start approaching them. Tom then hits them with two Smirnoff bottles. Edd throws his torch at the mummy who was attacking him. It burns off all off the mummy's wrappings leaving the only the mummy's skeleton. The skeleton gets mad and punches Edd into a column. He starts laughing but then gets crushed into bones when the column falls on top of him. The key lands in Edd's lap and he proceeds to open the chest. Instead of the chest opening, a trap door opens up underneath the gang and everyone falls down. Edd happily proclaims that everyone broke his fall, but no one replies to him...
View the episode's transcript here.
- Main article: Gallery:Ruined
- When Edd walks by Tom's room and sees his bass, one can see Tomska's checkered pattern tie hanging from a tie rack and a ASDF poster on the wall.
- When Edd tells Matt, Tord, and Tom to check out what he found, they pass by a picture frame. It is a picture of Matt and Edd with their arms around Tord. Tord is smaller than the others.
- When Tom sees his bass destroyed, he makes a reference to Eddsworld Cereal.
- The ASDF poster has an ASDF person with the words ASDF on his head and the words stay safe underneath him. This is a nod to asdfmovie, a popular series of cartoons on Tom's YouTube channel, Tomska. The "Stay Safe ASDF" catchphrase is later referenced in the intro, when it shows Tom wearing a grey shirt that has the exact same design as the poster before showing his hoodie.
- There was various graffiti in the ruins which said "For a good time summon Horus", "Down wif Sacabz", and "Anubis was here".
- Indiana Jones and Short Round from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom are seen as skeletons. Matt takes Jones' fedora and wears it.
- When Matt hits the button to activate the trap, it says, "Blatant booby trap (he he. booby)".
- When the mummy starts chanting, you can hear him say "Super Nintendo", "Sega" and in the end "That's all". This may show what game consoles they have in Edd's house.
- A picture of Hellucard can be seen in the ruins.
- Tord and Matt are the only ones wearing exploring outfits. Ironically, they are paired up when they the gang has to split up.
- There is a Tomee Bear on Tom's bed in his room.
- On the handle of the ruin's door, it says pull.
- After this episode, Tom's bass has bandages on its neck.
- When everyone is going to the backyard, a picture of Edd, Matt, and Tord can be seen. The picture refers to Edd's video called Snow In Oslo where Edd, Matt, and Tord were playing in the snow at Oslo, Norway.
- This is the first time Tord is annoyed by "Sunshine and Lollipops" by Lesley Gore. The other time was in Hello Hellhole.
- When Tom kills the mummies with a pair of bottles, the bottles are of the Smirnoff that he always carries around.
- When Tom kills the mummies, he says "Jinkies", a reference to Scooby-Doo.
- Matt jumps in Tord's arms, another reference to Scooby-Doo.
- At the beginning of the YouTube version, low quality is automatically chosen.
- Tom's dialogue in this episode was re-written by his voice actor, Thomas Ridgewell, because he refused to say the lines written by Edd. Because of this, the credits give Tom's lines a separate credit for Thomas.
- When Tom gets assaulted by arrows, he is all bruised and bleeding. However, when Edd says they need a key, his wounds immediately heal. This also happens to Tord and Matt.
- When Matt jumps into Tord's arms, his hat disappears. However, when Edd unlocks the chest, it magically returns.
Watch the Episode Here