Edd rushes back inside the house to tell Tom, Matt and Tord that he found some Egyptian ruins. Initially, the other three look at the door uninterested while Tom reacts in shock when seeing his broken bass. Edd, however, says there might be treasure in the ruins, catching their interest. The gang enters the ruins by rope, but the rope breaks and causes them to fall.
Edd lights a torch and the group walks into ruins. They pass a pair of clothed skeletons, with Matt taking a hat from one skeleton. They also pass a sarcophagus which, unknown to them, creaks open.
The gang comes across two pathways. Edd decides to split the gang up and partners up with Tom, who taunts Tord. Matt and Tord are paired together, and the two go their separate ways into the pathways.
While a mummy approaches the gang, Edd and Tom approach a room, which they suspect is filled with traps. Edd distracts Tom and pushes him into the room, triggering the traps.
Meanwhile, Matt and Tord wander down a dark hallway. Tord lights a match and the two look around. Matt accidentally sets his hat on fire and runs into a tile, activating a trap. Two spiked walls close the hallway and sand slowly fills the room. A speaker comes out from the wall and plays "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows", to Tord's disgust.
The gang, battered and bruised apart from Edd, reunites and notices a small chest at the end of the room. Edd approaches the chest and sees that it is locked. He wonders where the key could be when the mummy, wearing the key, appears behind them. The mummy chants and summons two more mummies from the ground. The mummies approach to attack the gang but fail. Tom knocks out two mummies with Smirnoff bottles and Edd throws his torch at the lead mummy, burning off his bandages. The lead mummy, now reduced to a skeleton, punches Edd and knocks him into a column. The column falls on the skeletal mummy, sending the key flying onto Edd's lap.
Edd proceeds to open the chest. However, a trap door opens up underneath the quartet, sending them falling. Edd survives the fall, as the rest of the gang, who presumably died upon impact, broke his fall.
View the episode's transcript here.
- Main article: Gallery:Ruined
- When Edd walks by Tom's room and sees his bass, one can see Tomska's checkered pattern tie hanging from a tie rack and a ASDF poster on the wall.
- When Edd tells Matt, Tord, and Tom to check out what he found, they pass by a picture frame. It is a picture of Matt and Edd with their arms around Tord. Tord is smaller than the others.
- This picture could have possibly been from "Snow In Oslo", as Tom is absent in the picture, similar to his absence in Snow In Oslo.
- When Tom sees his bass destroyed, he makes a reference to Eddsworld Cereal.
- The ASDF poster has an ASDF person with the words ASDF on his head and the words stay safe underneath him. This is a nod to asdfmovie, a popular series of cartoons on Tom's YouTube channel, Tomska. The "Stay Safe ASDF" catchphrase is later referenced in the intro, when it shows Tom wearing a grey shirt that has the exact same design as the poster before showing his hoodie.
- There was various graffiti in the ruins which said "For a good time summon Horus", "Down wif Sacabz", and "Anubis was here".
- Indiana Jones and Short Round from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom are seen as skeletons. Matt takes Jones' fedora and wears it.
- When Matt hits the button to activate the trap, it says, "Blatant booby trap (he he. booby)".
- When the mummy starts chanting, you can hear him say "Super Nintendo", "Sega" and in the end "That's all". This may show what game consoles they have in Edd's house.
- A picture of Hellucard can be seen in the ruins.
- Tord and Matt are the only ones wearing exploring outfits. Ironically, they are paired up when the gang has to split up.
- There is a Tomee Bear on Tom's bed in his room.
- On the handle of the ruin's door, it says pull.
- After this episode, Tom's bass has bandages on its neck.
- This is the first time Tord is annoyed by "Sunshine and Lollipops" by Lesley Gore. The other time was in Hello Hellhole.
- When Tom kills the mummies with a pair of bottles, the bottles are of the Smirnoff that he always carries around.
- When Tom kills the mummies, he says "Jinkies", a reference to Scooby-Doo.
- Matt jumps in Tord's arms, another reference to Scooby-Doo.
- At the beginning of the YouTube version, low quality is automatically chosen.
- Tom's dialogue in this episode was re-written by his voice actor, Thomas Ridgewell, because he refused to say the lines written by Edd. Because of this, the credits give Tom's lines a separate credit for Thomas.
- When Tom gets assaulted by arrows, he is all bruised and bleeding. However, when Edd says they need a key, his wounds immediately heal. This also happens to Tord and Matt.
- When Matt jumps into Tord's arms, his hat disappears. However, when Edd unlocks the chest, it magically returns.
Watch the Episode Here