Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television series that chronicles the journeys of the Doctor, an humanoid alien who has the ability to travel through time and space. On several occasions in Eddsworld, Doctor Who has been referenced either through visual gags or auditory gags. A parody of Doctor Who appears in some Eddsworld videos titled Professor Why.
List of appearances
- WTFuture: The TARDIS is seen in the background and "Bad Wolf" is also graffitied on the wall. "Bad Wolf" is a reference to the Ninth Doctor era, when the Doctor and his companion Rose are followed around by these two words. Future Edd also possesses a watch that resembles Captain Jack Harkness's Vortex Manipulator.
- Xmas Day: The Doctor (resembling his tenth incarnation) can be seen on the TV, playing with an actual screwdriver. This is a reference to the Doctor's all-purpose device, the sonic screwdriver, used on numerous occasions during the show.
- Space Face: The head of a Dalek (a monster featured in Doctor Who), the Eleventh Doctor's sonic screwdriver and the severed hand of the Tenth Doctor are seen in the storage room. The TARDIS is also seen again when Edd, Matt and Tom are flying the aliens' ship. The aliens' ship also resembles that of Captain Jack Harkness.
- Hide and Seek: Edd and Tom spend the majority of the episode watching an episode of Professor Why, an obvious spoof of Doctor Who. Professor Why is heard fixing his ship with his magic wrench (a reference to the sonic screwdriver), flying a magic box (a reference to the TARDIS), and changing his body (a reference to the Doctor's ability to regenerate upon death). Tom concludes that the show sucks, reflecting the real Tom's dislike of Doctor Who.
- Fun Dead: Professor Why returns in Edd's channel surfing. The black bars on the TARDIS read "Herpa Derp" in place of "Police Box".