Matthew Joseph Hargreaves
August 15, 1989
Matthew Joseph "Matt" Hargreaves (born August 15, 1989) is the voice actor for Matt and the illustrator and writer for the new Eddsworld Comics. He was close friends with Edd Gould since primary school and has been involved with Eddsworld since it's beginning, as shown in the rough sketch of the series from 2002.
History with Eddsworld
Matt provided voices, writing, and drew in-between frames for a few of the episodes, most notably Zanta Claws III. As of 2017, he is now one of the comic illustrators, his first known comic being Comic #201: Junk Sale Pt. 1.
After Tom's Departure
After Tom stepped down as showrunner in March 2016, he told fans that Matt, as well as Edd's family, may take over. Edd's mother Sue Gould confirmed that she would be continuing Eddsworld. Matt confirmed he would be up for voice acting  and said he was not done with Eddsworld, "not by a long shot."
On March 16, 2016, after Part 2 of The End was released, Matt tweeted "Today a chapter of @Eddsworld will end and new one will begin, we're not sure where the future will take us but I hope you'll join us."
Starting from January 2017, Matt became the primary illustrator and writer of the Eddsworld comics.
- He was one of Edd Gould's oldest friends.
- Edd and Tom used to make ginger jokes about him.
- His YouTube channel's name was originally "wallycube", but he changed it to "MattLobster" in order to make a series with that name.
- He and Tom served as the voiceovers for RIP Edd Gould.
- There is footage of Matt doing "AGH! Not the face!" in real life.
- Of the main four characters, he and Edd were the only two to start out as their own voice actors, as Tom and Tord were originally voiced by Alex L'Abbé.
- Matt came up with the idea for 25ft Under the Seat, but when he told Edd, Edd told him an Atlantis episode would be stupid. Edd started working on 25ft Under the Seat two weeks later and claimed to have not remembered saying that.
- On Twitter, he revealed that his original green jacket did not have flaps on the shoulders. He also said he still owns it and it still fits.
- He is very proud of naming a few Eddisodes and coming up with comic ideas. His claim to fame is naming 25ft Under the Seat.
- As of July 27th, 2016, Matt is now married, as stated in a Twitter post.
- Matt is older than Tord by 22 days.
- ↑ "Just so everyone knows: Eddsworld is continuing, I will be taking over (Edd's mum). Thank you SO much for keeping it going X"
- ↑ "Oh, and @Eddsworld wise, I'm still up for voicing."
- ↑ "The plans for @eddsworld kept changing over the last few years. I'm not done with it, not by a long shot."
- ↑ "Today a chapter of @Eddsworld will end and new one will begin, we're not sure where the future will take us but I hope you'll join us."
- ↑ "My original green jacket never had flaps on the shoulders. World shattering debate, solved. I still have it too, if anything it fits better."
- ↑ "I'm very proud of the naming of a few @eddsworld eddisodes and SO MANY comic ideas."
- ↑ "Met on @twitter four years ago, now we're married. Photo courtesy of @RayRobertsFilms"
- Newgrounds (wallycube)
- DeviantArt (MattLobster)
- YouTube (MattLobster/Wallycube)
- Twitter (MattLobster)
|Eddsworld Cast and Characters|
|Main||Edd • Matt • Tord • Tom|
|Recurring||Paul • Evil Director • Larry • Hellucard • Diwi • Coco • Zombehs • Zombeh Matt • Kim and Katya • Ringo • Zanta Claws • Santa Claus • Eduardo • Jon • Mark • Commander Bai • Commander Bai's Crew • Patryck • Bendee • Dr. Decapi • Demons|
|Others||Loud Bob • Future Edd • Tomee Bear • Larry • Complimentary Aliens • Bendee • Vampire Matt • Private Brains • Lucifer • Clones • Laurel • Lemon • The King • Grim Reaper • Steve • The Milkman • Joe • Shoe • Skeleton Tord • Hockey Mask Wearing Freak • Hilary • Atlantisians • Snogre • Thomas The Tank • Guardian Angel • Paul alien • The Boxmas Bot • Fred • Psycosis • Bill and Frank • The Ghost • Son Rwanson • Todd|