Edd and the Gang go sightseeing in Hell.
25 January 2007
Tom's Holy Line
"Holy sock puppet in a sausage factory!"
After Edd brings pizza from Pizza Butt, Edd and the gang are about to watch a movie called "Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell III". But before the movie can start, the TV screen explodes. With nothing left to do, Tord wonders if they could ever visit Hell. Edd just laughs it off, but then everyone (except Matt) thinks that would be a great idea. Searching on Google for the tickets to Hell, they click on a link and an elevator from Hell, a.k.a. the Hellevator appears. While waiting in the elevator for a long time, the Hellevator goes at max speed, spinning around and falling down to Hell. Once the elevator lands, they head toward the tourist door. Everyone but Tom enters because the door slams shut before he could get through. Tom enters though another door with a sign saying "Jehovah's Witnesses". The area that he appears in is a white void. Back with the rest of the gang, they start sightseeing. They see people running around being chased and tortured by demons and visit the Sinner Squishing Room, where a devil squashes sinners with a mallet. Back at Tom, a pencil suddenly appears and draws a slide a few meters below him. It pushes Tom to fall on the slide, making him slide down the line it drew. Back at the gang, they decide to get some food from Zombee's Cafe where everyone that works there is a zombie. The menu contains dishes that no one would want to eat. Matt then discovers that he is on the menu. After waiting and ordering drinks, the zombie waiter brings drinks that were actually blood. Matt's drink contained a fresh eyeball. Edd notices Tom missing but then Tom comes out of nowhere falling on the restaurant table. The gang follows Lucifer to their "personal Hells". Edd's is a broken Coke machine (or a world without Coke). Matt's personal Hell is being surrounded by 5 Edds. Tom's is meeting a black man who is actually an alien. Tord's is a jukebox that plays "Sunshine and Lollipops" by Lesley Gore, no matter what button he pushes. It still plays even after he breaks it. Before leaving, they buy gifts from the gift shop. The film ends with the gang leaving Hell, and Lucifer says "See you in 6 months!" shocking Tom.
- When Edd, Tord, and Matt view the "Sinner Squishing Room #666", Ryan "Noggin" Boylett is seen getting squished by the demon, possibly inferring that Noggin is (or was) a sinner, in the Eddsworld universe, that is.
- The book Lucifer read from was the same book from Eddsworld Zombeh Attack 2.
- The pizza Edd got was from Pizza Butt, a parody of Pizza Hut.
- A side of the pizza box Edd was holding says "Warning: This pizza is bloody hot."
- The intro song is "Misskalculation" by Ruder Than You.
- In this episode, Matt doesn't wear his hoodie or overcoat.
- When the movie was starting, a logo saying Puniversal appears. Puniversal is a parody of Universal, a blockbuster movie-making studio.
- On the case of Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell 3, there is a text saying "Not for suitable for children under the age of fourty seven."
- When they were searching "how to get to hell", there is a link saying "Have you seen my sausage?"
- The link they clicked to summon the Hellavator had the number 666 (the devil's number) beneath it.
- The part where Tom was sliding down a slide made by a pencil is a parody of Line Rider.
- The door of the kitchen of Zombee's Cafe had blood flowing out under it, suggesting they use humans in their recipes.
- The board behind the table of the skeleton said "Today's Special: Gargoyle's Tail Soup with Festering Croutons".
- The sign behind Edd and his gang's table said "We have the right to the brains- I mean the right to refuse service to any customer."
- The poster next to the entrance of Personal Hells says "Remember! Seatbelts are for sissies!"
- When the gang is leaving Hell, Edd is wearing a hat saying "I ♥ Hell", Matt is wearing a black shirt that said "hell", and Tord is carrying a bunch of posters.
- The Eddsworld comic 'Fresh' has a possible allusion to the "Zombee's Cafe" scene. This is backed up when Matt says "Hey, why am I on the menu?" In the comic, the menu reads "Freshly Caught Matt (while supplies last)".
- When the Demon said "See you in six months." to Tom, it could possibly relate to Zombeh Attack 3, as the same video had been made in the same year.
- On the Newgrounds version, during the loading screen, you can see a demon that resembles Bendee.
- Bordering on reality, the search Edd made via Google UK has the same top two links as in real life if one was to search the same words on Google.
- Edd asks Lucifer if he can call him Lucy. This was similar to Moving Targets, when Edd asked Hilarson if he could call him Hillary.
- This is the most Tord has spoken in an episode (excluding Zombeh Attack 2).
- This is the least Matt has spoken in an episode, as he only as one line. Which is "Hey, wait a minute. Why am I on the menu?"
- The Hellevator is also in Zombeh Attack 3, being used by Tord's skeleton before getting shot by Tom.
- When the group enters hell, the song playing in the background is the Inferno Town Theme, which is from "Heroes of Might and Magic III", a PC game released in 1999.
- In The End Part 1 Tord suggests to stay up and watch The Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell IV. That is probably a reference to this episode since Tord decides to watch The Return of the Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell III