- Not to be confused with his Eddsworld persona, Edd.
Edward Duncan Ernest Gould
October 28, 1988
March 25, 2012 (aged 23)
Siblings = George Gould Edward Duncan Ernest "Edd" Gould (October 28, 1988 - March 25, 2012) was the popular creator, writer, and animator of Eddsworld. He voiced the character Edd and various others in the series. He was 23 years old and was attending Animation Arts - UCA Maidstone.
On March 25, 2012, Gould passed away after a six-year-battle with leukemia since 2006. Following his death, he was cremated, and his friend Thomas Ridgewell was left in charge of Eddsworld. Ridgewell and Matt Hargreaves scattered some of Gould's ashes atop a mountain in Hollywood on July 12, 2012. The majority of his ashes were buried on his birthday (28th October) in London. After the burial, the location was supposed to have been made public so that anyone can visit, but hasn't yet, almost four years later, for an unknown reason.
Edd Gould was born on October 28, 1988, in Isleworth, England. He began animating with Macromedia Flash around 2003. Over the course of Eddsworld, Edd created about 69 animations, 32 of which were considered "Eddisodes." He also created over 170 comics and various other art and games.
He met Matt in primary school. Matt and Edd were both bullied, Matt and Edd also loved drawing. Edd also had some other friends such as David. When they went to secondary school, they became best friends and firm friends. He died on March 25, 2012, at the age of 23.
The real Edd appeared at the end of the short "Fan Service", letting EddHeads know that the next Eddisode would take a while to make because of his cancer treatment. He also announced that a number of Eddsworld T-Shirts were available at the SharkRobot store (thanks, Tom) and gave a preview of the next episode.
- Main article: Death of Edd Gould
On Sunday 25th March 2012, Edd Gould passed away after a six-year-battle with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, cancer of the blood. Two days later, on Tuesday 27th March, Tom Ridgewell and Matt Hargreaves announced Edd's passing on YouTube through the video RIP Edd Gould (1988-2012).
Eddsworld was spotlighted by YouTube on Friday 30th March 2012 and many users, including popular YouTube and Newgrounds animators, have voiced their condolences, with several fans choosing to remember Gould through their own artistic works, such as animations, claymations, and pictures.
Fellow sketchwriter and friend Tom Ridgewell has taken charge of Eddsworld, and an unfinished eddisode, Space Face (Part 1) made its debut at the London MCM Expo on 26th May 2012 (albeit in the form of script-reading), and was uploaded to YouTube one week later. Days later, June 2, 2012. Space Face (Part 2) was going to be a collaboration between a small selection of five or six animators, including: Chris O'Neill (OneyNG), Zach Hadel (psychicpebbles), Harry Partridge (HappyHarry), and Yotam Perel (LazyMuffin). Paul decided that it would take months to finish and he animated it on his own. It was released November 26th 2012
A share of Edd's ashes were given to Matt and Tom. Edds family buried theirs on Edd's 24th birthday, however, Matt spread his share near the Hollywood Sign. [Tomska's Day Out 6] and Tom put his in a box-like urn, with a black and white image of Edd and Tom on it. [Last Week I Saw A Mermaid]
Future of Eddsworld
Regarding the future of Eddsworld, Ridgewell left a message on the Eddsworld Facebook account:
|“|| Hey Eddheads. My name is Tom Ridgewell (you might know me as the one from Eddsworld with black eyes).|
For the past 8 years I have been the producer, co-writer and co-director of Eddsworld. Edd was also my friend and.. Well.. You can imagine that this isn't an easy time. Not for any of us; be it family, friend or fan. I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest condolences to everyone has been hit hard by Edd's passing. I'm so sorry.
But I knew Edd and how much he hated sadness. He dedicated his life to laughter after all! I'm not trying to cut the grieving period short but a lot of you have been worried so I'd like to take a moment to answer one of the questions you've all been asking.
"What's going to happen to Eddsworld?"
Me and Edd always talked (and joked) about what we'd do with the show if he wasn't going to make it. But we never really settled on anything particular. We always thought we had time.. But before Edd left he made it clear to his mother that he didn't want his show to end. Not with his death. Not after everything he and so many others had put into it.
Edd wanted me - he wanted us - to keep the show alive. And that is exactly what I'm going to do.
Obviously Edd took his voice with him. I can't help that. But I'll do my best to make it right. To give his character a new voice.
Please understand.. I can't bring him back. God knows I wish I could. All I can do is honour his memory and his wishes by giving you the best damn show you've ever seen. So stay tuned.
The world goes round, Eddheads. The world goes round.
Tom was the series showrunner until March of 2016. His last eddisode was The End. Matt, as well as Edd's family will continue the show.
- Edd's favourite music consisted of The Living Tombstone, The Eels, Kitsune2, The Prodigy, Ken Aschorp, Tenacious D, Gorillaz, Anamanaguchi, 8-Bit Betty, The Adventures of Duane & Brando, Pomplamoose, Schmoyoho, Billy Reid, Rhett&Link (MYTHICAL EDD!), and JulianSmith.
- His PO Box was:
- Edd Gould
- Box 285
- 30 Red Lion Street
- TW9 1RB
- His favourite Eddisode was WTFuture.
- His final full animation was 5ever, unless one considers the first part of Space Face a full Eddisode.
- He was actually a fan of dubstep.
- He had 2 other channels, named SlicedSandwiches and Eddomation.
- He was a big Evil Dead and Doctor Who fan, having referenced both multiple times in the Eddisodes. He also enjoyed Homestuck and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, as stated on his Tumblr.
- When Edd still animated Eddsworld, he created comics and animations in Adobe Flash CS3 Professional .
- He had paler skin compared to his Eddsworld counterpart.
- He was 6 feet and 3 inches (190.5 centimeters) tall.
- The I Like Trains Kid from TomSka'dub stepovies was based on and voiced by Edd Gould, who also animated asdfmovie2. The character was retired after Gould's death, though he did make sound-only appearances in asdfmovie9 and asdfmovie10.
- One of Edd's channels (Eddomation) was hacked. Jokes to Falcon Lover appear in some of the video's descriptions, even though the meme wasn't invented yet.
- Edd Gould made a cameo, albeit portrayed by Christopher Bingham, in WTFuture. Gould would have also made an appearance at the end of the Scrapped Halloween special, where it's revealed Matt and Tom are figments off his imagination, and Edd was actually an insane Edd Gould.
- According to his Tumblr Edd's favorite characters are Edd, Private Brains, Tom, Matt and Eduardo.
- He was the narrator of the first Skeff animation made by Paul ter Voorde.
- ↑ Twitter message: @thetomska: Matt and I scattered some...
- ↑ Twitter message: @thetomska: A few tweets to let you kn...
- ↑ Twitter message: @eddsworld: Edd's ashes are going to b...
- ↑ RIP Edd Gould (1988-2012) - YouTube
- ↑ Twitter / @egoraptor: Thanks for the laughs Edd. ...
- ↑ Twitter / @HappyHarryToons: My friend and fellow anima ...
- ↑ RIP Edd Gould 1988-2012 - Newgrounds blog post (HappyHarry)
- ↑ Twitter / @joethegran: Edd Gould has died. I can' ...
- ↑ Edd Gould, 1988-2012 - Newgrounds forum post (TomFulp)
- ↑ Twitter / @chluaid: R.I.P Edd :( ...
- ↑ RIP Edd Gould, 1988-2012 - The Explosm Fora
- ↑ So Long, Edd. - Newgrounds animation (KawaiiPiranha)
- ↑ Thank you Edd. - Newgrounds animation (CartoonWarStudios)
- ↑ Edd Gould Tribute [deadsworld sketch] - YouTube
- ↑ Forever Rememberedd - Newgrounds art (jameslee03)
- ↑ Vokle | TomSka is alright
- ↑ Twitter message: Twitter / @thetomska: Putting together a video f ...
- ↑ YouTube video: Future Bing - Edd's Funeral 2012.04.10
- ↑ Facebook update: Hey Eddheads. My... | Facebook
- ↑ Tumblr Posthttp://eddsworld.tumblr.com/page/26]
- ↑ Tumblr Post: Edd how tall are you ?
- ↑ Tumblr Post