- For the article about the real life figure, see Edd Gould.
|Edd as he appears in The End|
|First Appearance:|| Stick figure: Edd (2003)|
Prototype: "Edd Again"
Final concept: "Eddsworld Christmas Special 2004"
|Last Appearance:||"The End"|
|Voice Actor:|| Edd Gould (2004 - 2012)|
Tim Hautekiet (2012 - 2016)
Edward "Edd" is the main protagonist in Eddsworld, along side Tom, Matt, and formerly Tord. From 2004 to 2012, Edd was voiced by his real-life counterpart Edd Gould, until Tim Hautekiet took over the role after Gould passed away.
Edd's appearance in the web toon is shown to be related to his look in real life. He has straight brown hair with however some points in some parts. He wears a trademark green hoodie with laces and brown khakis. His shoes are green with laces.
Edd is shown to be fairly lazy, with a lot of his free time being spent sitting on a couch watching television. He is also very carefree, leading to moments of injuries, including jumping into a burning pool of Cola, nearly getting bit by Vampire Matt on numerous occasions in the short Matt Sucks, and generally putting himself into incredibly dangerous situations. He is shown to be overall kind, however, and willing to help his friends in need. Edd also has a very strong love for Cola as in a flashback during the "Hammer & Fail", he had ordered 8 Kegs of Cola though his order was mixed up with his nemesis and sort of counterpart Eduardo's order of Diet Coke and during the episode "WTFuture", he orders 2 gallons of Cola from the waitress in Bob's Diner. This shows he has a huge obsession with Coca Cola. He may also have a minor obsession with broccoli. This is shown when he enters the elevator to hell in "Hello Hell Hole". In "WTFuture" Edd's future self attempted to enter his past self's home, using different access codes in different variations of saying open and when these attempts fail, he says "Broccoli?" This fails just before Edd's garage opens and the others leave via the use of several odd sort of fairground cars. He also seems to have a love for bacon.
|“||No! Not the coke machine!||”|
–Edd, Zombeh Attack
Edd is usually recognized for wearing a green hoodie with a white shirt, marked "Smeg Head" (a quote from Red Dwarf) underneath. Edd has also been shown to have an uncontrollable love for Coca Cola and bacon throughout the series, to the point that it is motivation for most of his actions. (For instance, in Zombeh Nation, Matt was trapped in a mall full of Zombehs, and did not agree to help him until he found out Matt has his emergency stash of Cola). Edd's voice permanently changed in "Space Face Part 2", after Matt shot him numerous times with a voice changer, which he ended up breaking soon after. Edd did not talk in "Space Face Part 2" until he was hit with the voice changer. He only gets called Edward by Zombie and Skeleton Tord. In "Zombeh Attack", when Tord's turned into a zombie, Edd yells to a cola vending machine instead of Tord.
Throughout the series, Edd has been seen in many different forms and disguises.
Edds from Different Time Periods
Main article: Future Edd
Future Edd is a future version of Edd from the far off future seen in WTFuture. He is from an alternate universe where Cola has been out lawed as a drug. Because of his trauma he hunts down his past self so he could never exist in the time period of no coke. Future Edd looks like present Edd, but taller, wears a black trench coat, and has a beard.
Sir Edd, Eddius, Eddison, and Edg
Sir Edd, Eddius, Eddison, and Edg also first appeared in "WTFuture", serving as four of the modern Edd's ancestors. They were all brought to the regular Edd's time period as backup for Future Edd's "Army of Me's", but became extremely frightened by modern things and went ballistic, making them run away in fear. If this were to happen, Edd would not exist...unless they had time to reproduce. Here are their time periods:
- Eddison was stolen from the Victorian Era
- Sir Edd is from the Middle Age
- Eddius came from the height of the Roman Empire
- Edg seemed to originate from the early Stone Age
Eddie is an Edd parody made by Joe Gran. He is the American opposite of Edd: obese, has a beard and cap, and is a stereotypical frat boy. He along with Tommie discuss dates and make fun of Mattie.
Main article: Ell
Ell is the female counterpart of Edd in an alternate universe (voiced by Edd's sister Vicki Gould), who first appeared in "Mirror Mirror". She along with Matilda and Tamara fight off the evil demon genie ghost Dazeem in their quest to eat a free box of donuts. Ell and the rest of the female gang were created by Paul ter Voorde.
List of Deaths
Similar to Kenny from "South Park", Edd has died many times in Eddsworld. Here is a list of his deaths in the mainstream episodes and shorts. Edd has the least amount of deaths, totaling at seven in the series canon, not including Paul and Hellucard, who have only died once.
- Bludgeoned to death with a sledgehammer, wielded by Matt in "Eddsworld Halloween Short 2005"
- Mistaken for a zombeh and gunned down by Paul in "Zombeh Nation"
- Bitten by a zombeh in Zombeh Attack 3
- Scalped by the Hockey Mask Wearing Freak in "Eddsworld Halloween Special 2007" and hit with a jack-o-lantern, mistaken for a monster and decapitated by Matt in the opening
- Accidentally killed by Tom with an unstable, as Tom calls it, a "Mega Stake Machine Gun" in "Matt Sucks"
- Went insane and killed himself in "This World of Edd"
- Drowned after opening the door of his and Tom's undersea house in "Rock Bottom"
- Beaten to death by cola cans in "Sugar Sugar"
Click here to view the gallery.
- Even though he likes every flavor of Coke, he is not a fan of Diet Coke, as revealed in "Hammer and Fail".
- Edd has a lucky can. How he discovered it is portrayed as a poorly-drawn flashback in WTFuture, as seen above.
- Edd has made several cameo appearances in other Flash animations such as Hellbenders, Chaos Relay and more.
- His first official appearance was "Edd Again".
- Edd was one of the first characters to appear in Eddsworld, and the first voiced character.
- His voice changed permanently in "Space Face (Part 2)" due to his real life counterpart passing away. What may have happened was that Edd got zapped by the voice changer multiple times, causing his voice box (larynx) to be completely redone. The various voices he went through include a dog's, Eduardo's, a crashing computer, a dolphin, and other unknown voices, before ending at Tim Hautkiet's voice once Matt broke the voice changer. Tom has stated while he originally wanted to hire someone who had a similar voice to Edd, they decided to give him a more "emotive" voice that was slightly higher and squeakier.
- Edd's real life counterpart appeared to be taller and chubbier, with slightly paler skin, and occasionally glasses.
- "No!Not the coke machine!" was a quote similar to "No!Not the vase!" by Matilda.
|Eddsworld Cast and Characters|
|Main||Edd • Matt • Tord • Tom|
|Recurring||Paul • Evil Director • Larry • Hellucard • Diwi • Coco • Zombehs • Zombeh Matt • Kim and Katya • Ringo • Zanta Claws • Santa Claus • Eduardo • Jon • Mark • Commander Bai • Commander Bai's Crew • Patryk • Bendee • Dr. Decapi • Demons|
|Others||Loud Bob • Future Edd • Tomee Bear • Larry • Complimentary Aliens • Bendee • Vampire Matt • Private Brains • Lucifer • Clones • Laurel • Lemon • The King • Grim Reaper • Steve • The Milkman • Joe • Shoe • Skeleton Tord • Hockey Mask Wearing Freak • Hilary • Atlantisians • Snogre • Thomas The Tank • Guardian Angel • Paul alien • The Boxmas Bot • Fred • Psycosis • Bill and Frank • The Ghost • Son Rwanson|