Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television series that chronicles the journeys of the Doctor, an alien who has the ability to travel through time and space. On several ocassions in Eddsworld, Doctor Who has been referenced either through visual gags or audial gags. The "Eddsworld version" of this show is called Professor Why.
List of appearances:
- WTFuture: The TARDIS is seen in the background and "Bad Wolf" is also graffittied on the wall. "Bad Wolf" is a reference to the Ninth Doctor era, when the Doctor and his companion Rose are followed around by these two words.And also,future Edd possesses a watch (resembling Captain Jack's Vortex Manipulator).
- Xmas Day: The Doctor (resembling his tenth incarnation) can be seen on the TV, playing with an actual screwdriver. This is a reference to the Doctor's all-purpose device, the sonic screwdriver, used on several ocassions during the show.
- Space Face: The head of a Dalek (a monster featured in Doctor Who) and the Eleventh Doctor's sonic screwdriver and the hand of the Tenth Doctor are seen in the storage room. The TARDIS is also seen again when Edd, Matt and Tom are flying the ship.The ship also resembles the ship of Captain Jack Harkness.
- Hide and Seek: Edd and Tom spend the majority of the episode watching an episode of "Professor Why", an obvious spoof of Doctor Who. Professor Why is heard fixing his ship with his magic wrench (a reference to the sonic screwdriver), flying a magic box (a reference to the TARDIS), and changing his body (a reference to the Doctor's ability to regenerate upon death). Tom concludes that the show sucks, reflecting the real Tom's dislike towards Doctor Who. Ironically, Edd also hated Professor Why, in contrast to the real Edd's love of Doctor Who.
- Fun Dead: Professor Why returns in Edd's channel surfing. The black bars on the TARDIS read "Herpa Derp" in place of "Police Box".